• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Blackmagic Cinema Camera For Narrative Film

Hey Guys -

I recently finished shooting a short film on the Blackmagic Cinema Camera (EF Model). Up until this point I had only shot music videos and commercials with the camera and had primarily only shot in prores (not raw). Some of the issues with the camera had started to get under my skin, but after this film (which I did shoot raw on) I have been more sold than ever on the camera.

I thought I would share my experience shooting on the camera for those interested. Check out my blog post here on my experience shooting narrative with the BMCC: http://noamkroll.com/shooting-narrative-with-the-blackmagic-cinema-camera/

Very cool man, I'm in preproduction now on my second feature, which we are planning on using the BMCC for (we used a DSLR on the first), so it's always nice to read experience from others who have done it first, and to also confirm my feeling that the camera is a great camera to shoot narrative films on.

Back