• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Looking for critiques of 10 page draft

Hi all,

I've just finished the first draft of a short wuxia (martial arts) film I'll be working on in a few months, and I'm looking for one or two people who'd be willing to look it over and offer critiques and such in the next day or so. Just drop me a PM or leave a comment here with your email, and I'll send it on over as a PDF.

Two-sentence synopsis: Guilt-ridden assassin's assigned to take out a priestess who herself was an assassin at one point. He ultimately finds a piece of redemption.

:)

EDIT: Many thanks to Shaw and Poke for their help. No more critiquers needed :)

Sounds interesting. I'd be willing to look it over for you if you want. You can email me at:

(note this is a redirected address and as such my reply will come from a different account. I've had some people email me only to have my reply blocked!)

Last edited:
Great got your mail. Will look over this tonight and get back with you sometime tomarrow.

I use a redirected email when posting to fora as I can easily terminate them if I start getting spam :)

Many thanks. I'm looking forward to hearing back from you. Very good idea on the fora thing. I normally just rip apart my email address when making it public. Like, thatwaszen AT gmail DOT com. But I imagine spambots will catch on to that eventually...

xuetang said:
Poke: Have sent the email now. The subject is "Script!"

Got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, my finger locked up.

Poke

xeutang, I seem to have lost your email address. Not sure how as I didn't delete the message you sent...

Anyway could I get your address so I can send you an annotated copy of your screenplay?

Thanks!

Shaw said:
xeutang, I seem to have lost your email address. Not sure how as I didn't delete the message you sent...

Anyway could I get your address so I can send you an annotated copy of your screenplay?

Thanks!

Hey Shaw, have you had a chance to review my script at all? Am looking forward to your feedback :)

Xeutang,

Sorry for taking so long! I'll send off my review later today :). I've been swamped with work lately (and short term memory seems to be nearly non-extant) for my latest movie. Sorry!

Back