How To: Strobe Effect To One Side

I've googled for this but must be putting in the wrong key words or something. Does anyone know how to have a flashing/strobe effect that emanates from just one side of the clip or top or bottom of the clip and not just a blanket all over deal please?

Sony Vegas 12.0

Do you have any links with examples of what you're after?

Without really knowing what you're trying to achieve, and only guessing based on your description, I would guess you could use a gradient mask, full white (or whatever color) to transparent, set the blend mode to add, or overlay maybe.. then toggle it's opacity with keyframes.

Whether you can do that in vegas or not, I don't know.. though you could really just create a transparent png with photoshop, or gimp, or whatever, and use that I'd think.

Not really. It's for this: https://youtu.be/xGSquTeeKA0

I was thinking in a couple/few shots to add some flashing. I appreciate your reply, but the guy who owns this business needs it by Wednesday, so I think I will have to leave my idea out this time around. I still have to color grade and figure out why the time lapse isn't full frame on the rendered file, but is on the timeline/preview.

Thanks.

Back