What's a good camera with a good autofocus?

I want a camera that is good for autofocus, as I would like to shoot without a focus puller, especially if someone else is shooting and I am doing sound or another duty.

I would like one that has interchangeable lenses that would give me more options. I checked out some DSLRs are at the store, but the autofocus's were too slow on those, and couldn't keep up. My two friends have cameras that have great autofocus, and they said they never had a problem once while making their projects. The only problem is, is that the lenses are built on. Any DSLRs are cameras, with good autofocus, where I can change lenses?

Thanks.

I love this thread started like this:

Any DSLRs are cameras, with good autofocus, where I can change lenses?

Thanks.

And is now this:

boob-smash.gif

:lol:

Put the light out of the actor's eyeline and there won't be a squinting problem… or have him act through the discomfort.

Shoot during the day.

Shoot on a tripod and have the actor stand the same distance form the camera all the time so you won't have to pull focus at all.

autofocus requires light as well, so shooting with it on at night will have your camera fishing for focus the whole time anyway.

Simplify. Make something you can make right now, without all throwing all of the complicated setups into it. Just focus on the story telling. Let the technical stuff come later. Get Something In The Can!

Well I already did post that short film like three weeks ago, with the random city shots, how many more do you want before I can seek more filmmaking advice?

Okay, so you shot something and posted it here. It was a start, and we applauded you for that. But... seriously? It was just a string of scenic shots. No story, no motivation. Yeah, it was something, but it wasn't much.

Show that you can take your camera and whatever resources are available to you at the time and shoot a short... shoot an experimental film... shoot something basic, no-frills, no-budget, no-crew.

Until you can pull that off, telling a basic story that way, nothing else on which you seek advice here is going to mean squat.

And that's just it. You constantly ask inane questions about things that you should know well by now and pertaining to projects that will never materialize because there's one huge stumbling block keeping them from happening: you.

Further, you seem to gloss over most of the helpful responses, extracting only half the picture from the conversation and taking only a part of the advice. Then, you return with another frustrating question that has been answered in a previous thread in one of the posts that you seem to have ignored.

This is where you get labeled as a troll because, honestly, it seems completely ludicrous that any one person would keep running in circles over and over again with the same conversations in new threads.

And while we're at it:

There = direction/location (there is, there are, over there)
Their = possession (plural) (their house, their company, their film project)
They're = state of being (they're on the way over here)

Last edited:
I think I'm gonna make him a regular character.

Haha, I was actually wondering whether or not he had any more films. I could definitely see him as a recurring character, offering up his opinion on all sorts of different subjects (Uncle Dick at the zoo, Uncle Dick buys a car, etc, etc) :lol:

Haha, I was actually wondering whether or not he had any more films. I could definitely see him as a recurring character, offering up his opinion on all sorts of different subjects (Uncle Dick at the zoo, Uncle Dick buys a car, etc, etc) :lol:
Ooo! Ooo! Ooo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cDAqrywsHE

Uncle Dick buys a camera!

Back