NetGadget Professional Tripod!!!

Hello guys,

I have just found this website while I was browsing some tripods.. Surprisingly, I have found some tripods in quite cheaper price..for instance, TP59 - Fancier WF-532 PRO Panhead Video + SLR Camera Tripod

or this one: Professional 3-level Camera/Video Tripod - Konig Tripod 40

These tripods seem good and strong, and have good heights..you can have adjustable tilt/pan controls...I am just wondering whether these tripods have stability or not..though NetGadget is saying they do have..but when i extend the tripods to maximum height, will they be stable??

They're not fluid head. Stuff like this is passable for photo, but if you need to do any camera movement then you need a sturdy fluid head tripos. Check out manfrotto, they usually have th best bang for the buck in the beginner/lightweight category.

They're not fluid head. Stuff like this is passable for photo, but if you need to do any camera movement then you need a sturdy fluid head tripos. Check out manfrotto, they usually have th best bang for the buck in the beginner/lightweight category.

Hey paul, thnx for ur reply.. I was wondering about same thing.. since i'm about to shoot for first time in my life , I need a tripod which is stable and cheaper .. Can't afford a good tripod right now :no:

well, manfrotto's tripods are really good..but the one i liked on website was for £114 :bang: ...what do u recommend about some cheap but with fluid head?

just to let u know, my camcorder (Sony HDR-XR155E) is a consumer level camcorder...

Regards

Those tripods will be awful for video, not only the lack of fluid head (no pans/tilt!!) but those heads are always really loose and are a bitch to frame up on.

Save and get a Manfrotto, don't waste your money buying cheap tripods. You will keep buying cheap tripods until you realise that you should have gone for a decent one from the get go. Trust me.

With a good tripod you can produce some amazing footage. With a cheap one you will go mad.

The cheapest tripod I've seen recommended by video people was a Velbon one - I can't remember what model number, but I think it was £80-90. The head's supposed to be quite a bit better than the ones you posted, but it's still not going to be massively sturdy. A good tripod will outlast most of your other equipment, but if you can't afford to do that you're better off with a cheap tripod than with none at all.

So your price range for a tripod is around £50?

You won't be able to get a fluid head for that price. However,
a sturdy, well build friction head will be fine for now. Better to
have a friction head than no tripod at all.

Check out Smith-Victor. They have what they call "fluid-effect"
heads and the P800 and P900 are in your price range. Not great
but better than the ones you posted. Sony has the 50AV and
the 60AV in your range.

Sorry if my terse comment offended... I checked London craigslist yesterday and saw many VERY GOOD and VERY EXPENSIVE (1K plus) tripos.. but nothing in your price range. Used is my main route.. good luck.

Back