• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Arriflex 16S converted to Ultra 16mm complete kit!

Hello there,

I'm selling a kit that took me quite some time, and lot of money, to build up. I used it for an artist movie I shot last summer in Finland. As i'm not a professional filmmaker, but rather a visual artist, I do not use it as often i'd love to, and do not often have the budget to buy film, processing and telecine fees. So i'm probably going to use video for my next projects, and, moreover, I do really need money...

The kit consists of:

One Arri 16S camera, converted by Bernie O'Doherty from super 16.inc to Ultra 16mm format, in june 09. As the camera did not have matching numbers on the body and door, it was completely CLAed for precise tolerance, the lenses have been collimated, and the ground glass has been laserbrightened for better comfort.
I'll provide the buyer a copy of the receipt; it cost me 1700$ to convert and CLA the camera.
The camera will either be provided with a new Tobin variable speed motor, or a used but in perfect working order Tobin Crystal motor.

Price asked: 2000€ with variable speed motor, 2300€ with crystal motor, 2500€ with both motors.
A brand new battery and charger will also be supplied.

I have quite a few 120meters magazines and torque motors for sale, i'll ask 30€ for each magazine, and 50€ for each motor (some of them are for 12V operations, and some of them are for 8V).

I also have lenses for sale to complete this package. Both lenses have been checked and CLAed by Bernie O'Doherty.

Angenieux 12-120 T2-5 lens, in used but good condition (glass is super clean), arri bayo mount, asking 300€.

Zeiss 10-100 T2* 2, last black version, in almost new condition, arri Bayo mount, with a Chrozsiel Fluid zoom drive, asking 1700€.

All the equipment is visible in Paris, France, and you are welcome to come and check everything.
I can send the camera anywhere in the world, I will not overcharge shipping, what I pay is what you pay. I'll only send the camera fully insured, no cheap shipping options.

I'll be happy to send pictures, please precise me what you would precisely want to check.

I'd really like to insist on the fact that this is a perfectly working camera that's been checked and CLAed only a few months ago by a very good technician, M. O'Doherty. I prefer to sell it here rather on ebay, because this is a ready to use, professional kit while you never really know what you're going to buy on ebay.

Thanks a lot for reading...

Benoît

Oh, I forgot to precise that if someone wants to buy the complete kit, i'll be happy to throw in 5 400fr rolls of Fuji 250D, and 1 roll of 400ft Fuji 64D that are a bit outdated but have been kept frozen. It's a leftover of what I bought for my project, and I can guarantee it's still super good stuff!

Hi Benoit, I was wondering if you still had the crystal sync motor, and if you would part with it on it's own.

Hi,

Everything is still available... I'd prefer to sell the motor and the camera altogether, but I can consider your offer. How much would you like to pay for it?

Best,

Benoît

Hello,

I really need to sell this kit, so i'll take 20% off all the prices for anyone who is interested...

Guys, this is a real steal: for the price I paid for the conversion, you'll get the entire camera with motor!

And off course, you are welcome to test the camera!

Benoît

Back