Midwest-Chicago area cinematographers, lighting, sound

Hi everyone. I am located in the Midwest and am a first-time writer/director. I have written one short and am currently in the process of finishing writing my first full-length feature. I plan to direct both as well.

I joined this forum in hopes of connecting with some like-minded folks in my area.

I live in a small town (very rural area), and there are no film schools here. (Everyone I know here is strictly the traditional "9-5" type, so I literally have NO ONE out here to connect with, exchange ideas with or collaborate with when it comes to filmmaking!)

I am specifically looking for a good DP who has good basic knowledge, (preferably) some prior film experience and also has the patience to work closely with a first-time director.

I have a very clear vision
of what I want to create, but I completely lack the technical know-how, skills and experience to get that realized on my own.

So if you are open-minded and available to the opportunity of taking a chance on a first-time writer/director, I would be thrilled to hear from you.

If you live in the Midwest (esp the Chicago area) and are a cinematographer, good with lighting, sound (or any of the basic essentials needed for a film making crew), please message me.

*(Please also note that my films would definitely be on a shoestring budget, so that is something to keep in mind as well.)

Feel free to private message me and I would be happy to share more specifics about my scripts and the type of films I wish to make. And please tell me about yourself!

I really hope to make not only some solid (professional) connections on here, but good friends as well, so please don't hesitate to shoot me a line & chat. I would love to hear from you! :)

Thanks for reading!

Back