"I Am in the Building" Hello Everyone!

Hello everyone. I'm Dawn Tarantino.

Most people involved in film see my name and have to ask that inevitable question. My answer is, whether or not I am related to Quentin Tarantino, when I become a filmmaker one day, I ain't gonna be anything like him. Not because he's bad, not because he likes violence (I love putting violence in my screenplays), but because I don't believe we have the same tastes and I don't believe anyone should be defined by someone just because of a name. That said, a film teacher once told me if I get asked, never say "no." Most of time though, I just laugh it off, like when a scholarship interviewer asked me that since my family is Sicilian, "are they Mafia"? I got the scholarship. See what I mean? That's okay if you don't, I'm not sure if I do either.

As soon as I get my finances in order, I hope to purchase camera and start filming some shorts. I've already got one actor down (little old me, because yes I have acted) and the screenplay is almost ready to go.

It came on this site to network and get to know people and find out useful information. I'm still not too clear on what type of camera I need and/or what I can buy with my budget.

So please welcome me into your world. I look forward to getting a lot out of IndieTalk.

Dawn

Hello everyone. I'm Dawn Tarantino.

Most people involved in film see my name and have to ask that inevitable question. My answer is, whether or not I am related to Quentin Tarantino, when I become a filmmaker one day, I ain't gonna be anything like him. Not because he's bad, not because he likes violence (I love putting violence in my screenplays), but because I don't believe we have the same tastes and I don't believe anyone should be defined by someone just because of a name. That said, a film teacher once told me if I get asked, never say "no." Most of time though, I just laugh it off, like when a scholarship interviewer asked me that since my family is Sicilian, "are they Mafia"? I got the scholarship. See what I mean? That's okay if you don't, I'm not sure if I do either.

As soon as I get my finances in order, I hope to purchase camera and start filming some shorts. I've already got one actor down (little old me, because yes I have acted) and the screenplay is almost ready to go.

It came on this site to network and get to know people and find out useful information. I'm still not too clear on what type of camera I need and/or what I can buy with my budget.

So please welcome me into your world. I look forward to getting a lot out of IndieTalk.

Dawn

Welcome to indietalk, Dawn. There is so much information here I challenge you to look first with the search feature and be amazed! It's not about the camera, it's about the story. Anyhow, read on in the recent archives.

Why do I have the feeling it's illegal in 37 states to talk to you? :lol:

Back