• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

How to write from a character’s POV?

Short question: How should I describe following situation? I wanna write a scene where a character put a 3d-glass on—from her perspective!

That means that the character's perspective is now a third party which is the same as the audience POV (How a traditional screenplay should be written.) So write the action sequence as per normal.

Short question: How should I describe following situation? I wanna write a scene where a character put a 3d-glass on—from her perspective!
I am a screenwriting teacher. this is what I would say to a student in my class:

Without using camera angles how would YOU do it?

INT. THE SCHMIDT BASEMENT - NIGHT

> Go!

Let me see how creative you can be as a writer.

Then I'll post the way I would do it...

Elaborate on it. She puts on the 3d glass. She sees an immersive 360-degree world which engulfs her reality. Just write what she sees or what's happening in the world. The reader will get it. Remember, the audience is not dumb.

I can't recommend you any book. People learn differently. I learned the hard way. I never went to film school; I watch videos etc. So it's mostly from experience. I think you need to find your drive. If you like reading it's up to you, but I would recommend watching screenplay videos. There are many competent people on YouTube, e.g. that can help you from scratch.

@directorik err... without camera angles: We see [Character’s name] put the 3d glass on. From his her perspective.
Okay. That's one try.

Don't use "we see" - that's too obvious; everything you write
in the screenplay "we" see.

Don't tell (From her perspective.) Show. Show what is on the
screen.

Sure, I can write it for you, Quality can write it for you but
you should try it again. Be creative. Picture the movie screen.
What is seen up there?

You don't need a book. You need to be creative. Are you up to it?

Give it another try:

If something changes in the world post what changes when she puts the glasses on and we'll know she's looking through them.

How I would do it a couple different ways:

INT. THE SCHMIDT BASEMENT - NIGHT

After descending the stairs, Annie looks around at the almost completely vacant square room. A lone table in the center of the room stands illuminated by a single bulb hanging from the ceiling. Annie's attention is drawn to the top of the table where a futuristic visored headset rests.

She slowly crosses to the table, picks up the headset and looks it over. After considering for a moment she tentatively places it over her head.

THROUGH VISOR: Annie's view of the room is replaced with exotic 3-D images and a giant block letter phrase materializes before her 'Quit trying to copy Ready Player One'.

How 'Ready Player One' does it:

INT. CARGO VAN - DAY (REAL WORLD)

Back in his hideout, Wade slips his VISOR on, then logs in.

He sees the last three words anyone sees before leaving the
real world for the Oasis:

READY PLAYER ONE

EXT. CITY STREET -- THE OASIS

INCIPIO, the MAIN PLANET of the Oasis, is a giant city filled
with every building or structure, real or fictional, you can
possibly imagine.

Back