• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Free Screenplay

I'm finishing up a screenplay for a short film. The concept will require only three actors and only like 5 different set pieces/locations. Alley, Apartment interior, car interior, outside open area, and an office interior.
The reason I bring it up is that I think this can be made by almost anybody. The script is fairly straightforward with a good mix of dialogue and on screen action and there doesn't need to be a whole lot of people/places involved. Shoe string budget would be more than adequate to pull it off. Anyways I'm going to put it out there and anybody that wants it can have it.

I'm also curious if anybody has a script like this (minimum parts/locations) that they would be willing to allow to be made by someone else.

Why don't you shoot it? The best way to learn screenwriting is to be involved in production. Get a friend with a good camera, a few friends who can act and shoot it yourselves. Great experience.

I have shot stuff, and will continue to shoot other things, hell I might even shoot this as well. All I'm doing is putting this out there, if somebody is looking for a pretty simplified screenplay, well here you go. I just know that I would love it if something like this was available to me. So if anybody has a screenplay laying around that they don't mind parting with, I would love to look at it.

That's fine. This is a writing forum that's more aimed at how-to. There is a marketplace section for actually sharing/selling scripts. If you're looking for scripts you might also check there. Though I'm sure you'll find writers here with shorts to share too. Good luck.

Back