The Community Hand Show

Ok, this is a new thread for a new generation of writers and filmmakers.

Generic slogans aside, we're looking for more Indietalkers to get involved with the community project. I know that a lot of people have been put off by the sheer size of the previous threads and by the weight of different ideas and opinions so we thought we'd start a new thread to simplify things for anyone who wants to get involved.

First things first: there are very few constraints imposed by central office on each remote unit. But the following are necessary when to think about when planning-

The theme is an ORGAN LOTTERY

This is basically a system whereby a company distributes necessary organs to sick patients who require them. there are the rules of the lottery:

1.Thousands of applicants apply, before being chosen at random, to be selected for the Lottery draw.
2.The chosen applicants (500), are then sent a number corresponding to one in the draw.
3.10 numbers are chosen.

That's the only constraint in place at the moment, that your version of the lottery must be the same as everyone else's.

Here are some example scripts that have already been written: Two One Charlie,Organ Transplant,Rise and Fall,The Organ Lottery,31 and Rover

So...

Are you a writer?
Are you a director?
Are you just trying to make something with friends?

The more support this project gets from a wide variety of people, across the world and the internet, the better it will be. Don't worry about camera, equipment, actors...etc at the moment, just tell us whether you'd be interested in helping with the project and hopefully we can work it out so that we produce something really interesting! This thread is called the Hand Show because it's a show of hands!

So I'll stick my hand up and say I'm on board.

Hand(s) shown:

NickClapper
Papertwinproductions

Last edited:
I wasn't sure whether this idea had slipped away... I hadn't seen any new posts for a while.

Anyway, as I said before, I'm yet to have filmed anything, so for me to produce a segment of this film would probably be a bad idea. Sound and lighting would most likely be terrible (but I am working on them, so maybe next time:)).

That said though, I wrote this last week and am more than happy for anybody to do with this as they wish!

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...g0NzItNTZiNzFhZTdjMDY1&hl=en&authkey=CPS1h68H

Hope this link works!!!

This is the first thing i'll have shared with you lot on here, so whether or not you feel it fits within your themes, etc. please feel free to leave feedback, as i'd love some constructive criticism!

I'll have a read of it later this evening and get back to you. Thanks for submitting.

Even if you yourself don't feel like you could produce a whole segment, how about linking up with one of the other remote units in England? I don't know where abouts you are but there will (hopefully) be two or three different crews working on the project, so you could help with one of those.

Alternatively you could help with producing different types of footage- news footage, mobile phone footage, home video footage...etc, that throws a different light on the lottery. Almost anyone can get involved in this project with a little creativity! :D

But thanks for writing!

Well, I'm in Birmingham, so anything fairly local that I can help with, I'll try my best. As for news footage, or something simple like that, I could maybe have a go.... Let me think about it!

Seems as though interest is waning for some reason. I'm still working on writing a segment, and I know Knightly signed up to produce it.

But honestly if this thing has died on the vine (like countless other "community" project attempts I've seen come and go over the years), then I will likely shelve my draft and focus on something else.

As they say, too many cooks spoil the broth. The goal is to stitch a quilt, not build a rat's nest. :)

:cheers:

I've been ill and busy recently so my commitment levels may have waned.

I'm still onboard in an overall sense, but I do feel as though in it's current state this isn't really going anywhere. It's a shame that this fate seems to befall every community idea, especially because I'm pretty sure that this is the best one there's been on this forum and its failure would pretty much prove the impossibility of the task.

That said- I'm still alive and ready to get back on track if enough people want to...

I just got a new camera and I'm itching to try it out. I'm not sure how much help I'd be because my crew is limited to me.

Don't worry about crew being limited (now or any time)!

This is still in an embryonic phase but the idea is that, eventually, we'll have a story and remote units in place to film regardless of technical limitations. For now interest is gold!

Back