Interview With David Lynch

Gustavo Turner interviews David Lynch on his foray into music and his film career. A sample:

"[T]ake George Lucas or Spielberg: They're doing, in my mind, what they truly love. But what they truly love, zillions of people love, so they're multimillionaires. I'm doing what I truly love, but the audience is way smaller. And Don Van Vliet was doing what he truly loved and the audience is hardly there at all.

"But it's OK, because if you do anything that you don't love for money or fame, you die. You can't live doing that. It's hollow. It's a joke. So be thankful you're able to do what you love."

Please don't forget to mention Mulholland Drive.

Lynch is quite an amazing director and visionary, though I have to admit also that the quality of his work has dropped significantly through the years.

By the way, has anyone seen "Rabbits" by Lynch, its quite amazing how strange his imagination truly is. A truly spectacular work.

Last edited:
Lost Highway is, in many ways, a masterpiece of Möbius strip moviemaking. What a ride! Lynch is one of my filmmaking and art heroes, which is what inspired me to create David Lunch. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOXrXsi5UaI

Back