Where to buy these?

Hi:

I am a film student. I am hired as an intern in one of the indie feature movie. Shooting in TX in 3 weeks. As this is an indie movie, I was told that the crew is very limited and I will be doing multi jobs (few days second AC, few days still photographer & continuity assistant). DP recommended me to have rubber soled shoes and leather gloves

I live in Los Angeles. What is the best place to buy these? Online will definitely be cheaper but I would like to try these before I buy them.

I have rubber-soled shoes like this (http://www.shoebuy.com/johnston-mur...mmc=googleproductads_pla-_-none-_-none-_-none). I bought this at Walmart for $ 30. But I am not sure whether this will work. Is there any thing I have to keep in mind for buying these 2 items? I am looking for, quality ones that can last longer, at least for 2 years.

Also, I wear jeans and polo shirts during my student shoot. Is this OK? My friend suggested me to go for cargo pants as they have more pockets and can hold more items than jeans. Also, shirts with some pockets (polo shirts don't have any). Any recommendations on shirts/pants?

The reason I am asking is, this is the first time I am going to work on a professional shoot and I just don't want to stand out.

Thanks.

Shoes; you're right. Any shoe store (even Walmart) will do. I would
suggest work shoes rather than dress wing tip loafers - those are
uncomfortable for a 12 hour day. You will see a wide range of shoe
wear on set. From sneakers to Doc's to Timberland to Skechers.
Check out Work Boot Warehouse in N. Hollywood.

You can't get better gloves than Setwear. All I every use. Check out
FilmTools in Burbank.

Cargo pants are standard. But you'll see jeans and polo shirts, too.

Back