• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Tonight I began my First Persian film. Idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This film IS about a professor and his recently young back from abroad sister. I try it to seem more professional than other Iranian films. Of course, there is question. I think I will be questioned with statements like "This is not close to reality of society" or such, I don't buy them, because I think those who are so are those who only speak their minds which have no beauty or art.. Do you agree?

I am now calling it "Let me call you"... I say this because I may have question and know how I refer to it...

Thanks!

I asked about idea. I did find a new problem. I think Because I am a good software developer, and didn't pursue writing academically, I can't even be an amateur. Because I already do the job better in another section. Noone here said to me your scripts are very good, very cool by now, what I thought was they were cool ideas... But others say I overestimate my writing, maybe it is NOT for English, it may be because it is not my expertise. How do you think now?

Thanks!

Last edited:
The problem is that your English writing is hard for us to understand, so we don't know if your ideas are good or bad.
Maybe you should show your story (in Persian) to other people that know the language, so they can tell you if they like your ideas or not.

The problem is that your English writing is hard for us to understand, so we don't know if your ideas are good or bad.
Maybe you should show your story (in Persian) to other people that know the language, so they can tell you if they like your ideas or not.

I asked for help in web from those who know English and Persian.. But none accept to help me correct translation. I don't use google translate.... Of course, I translate myself....

Thanks!

I'm not telling you to translate it.
I'm saying show it to people who know the Persian language.
You can ask them if your ideas are good or not.

Last edited:
What kind of Experts? Why do they have to know English?
You said you started writing this new story in Persian.

Plz read the title, MY FIRST PERSIAN...... I did write previous films in English, but imperfect English..

It is about previous writings of me which is a courage for me to write..

Thanks!

........Noone here said to me your scripts are very good, very cool by now, what I thought was they were cool ideas...

You never finished a script. So it was impossible to say it was good or bad.

It's like presenting 1 inflated tire and asking: "What do you think about this car?"

Since you said all of Hollywood is corrupt this is probably a good idea for you. A screenplay in your native tongue. As far as it not being societally realistic, there are many films that represent a utopia or dystopia, or have fictitious elements, without it resulting in pure fantasy—but instead as a statement. It's all up to you, and your vision and statement on society.

It may be less helpful for me to write. One reason I wrote was to learn more English. I agree I have no access to Hollywood, I think one problem is $, I am not rich, so, for me writing has a side effect, reaching others is harder, investing on texts is tough, and etc...
Without a degree, people don't want you.... Even if you be really good...

Thanks!

Nobody, It is possible to have a different world view and style with your directing that is fine. I have seen works by Kubrik, Gillium, Spielberg, and Snyder and they all have pretty distinctive styles.

If you don't want to make a realistic movie, don't make a realistic movie. Make the one you want to make. We'll judge it and give you feedback(well maybe, im not going to be able to understand it without subtitles) I've not seen too many films in Farsi. I saw part of The Girl who Walks Home Alone. If I had planned my day a little better I would have finished the film. It had an interesting perspective. What I watched of it was really good.

The only films that have been really offputing for me were Japanese films and Finnish films. I've seen quite a few where the directors were slightly racist, and also out of touch with reality, and had sort of a warped world view. A lot of current Japanese films are plain weird. While, I watch an older film by someone by Akira Kurosawa and there is a sense of reality and depth behind it. Though, that was already a while ago in the 2000s. I couldn't say if they have got back on track or not. I loved Rare Exports, but Iron Sky was offputting.

Also, Swedish and Norwegian films have been spectacular lately. Or at least the ones I watched between 2008 and 2012. Let the Right One In, Troll Hunter, and the Girl with Dragon Tattoo series, were all enjoyable.

I watched an Excellent Spanish movie last week called "The Similars" (Los Parecidos) it was like an excellent twilight zone episode. It was weird! I loved it!

My best advice to give in this case is just make something good. If it is actually good: People will notice. Have excellence in Vision, Sound, Acting, Pacing, and Story and we'll enjoy it.

Last edited:
I am not going to direct, if I finish I only write, of course, I am not in a hurry to do it, just to say: I wrote 1 page only by now, because I am busy of studying software stuffs and also language (not even English) is my next priority. I gave up English already, so don't ask me why not it.... :)

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back