• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My first Music Video London

Was this a good video for a first attempt

• yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hey guys here is my first music video that I directed, I had to guess what the song was about by listening to the emotion and tone of the lyrics as I didn't know what the actual translation was, I got it about90% right.

The video has flaws, I have infact got all of them down, but overall I was happy as a first music video, on a budget of £0.

*BIG THANKS TO GORIlLAONABIKE*
He provided his three 800w lights which were very much needed for the pub scenes, without them the quality may not have been so good, he also handheld them which was brave as im sure my hand would have been burnt to a crisp!

Cameras used were Canon 600d + canon 5d mk2

In the pub scenes we used both cameras, for outside it was shot soley on the 600d.

Due to my inexperience with the Samyang 14mm I had a lot of shots overexposed, which kind of turned out ok but I have learned since then how to use the lens more properly.

anyway all I want to know is for a first video is this good or not.

enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4adnBP0BnY

Last edited:
Heh, the song really gets going when that solo starts. Was quite diggin' it :)

I've never been a fan of that dull, muted, washed-out colour grade, but it seems pretty consistent... so yeah, it works.

The only thing I didn't care for so much was a few of the cuts in the bar... the ones that punched straight in or out.

Pretty good for a first vid, no doubt. The band/singer happy with it? That's the important part, at the end of the day.

Heh, the song really gets going when that solo starts. Was quite diggin' it :)

I've never been a fan of that dull, muted, washed-out colour grade, but it seems pretty consistent... so yeah, it works.

The only thing I didn't care for so much was a few of the cuts in the bar... the ones that punched straight in or out.

Pretty good for a first vid, no doubt. The band/singer happy with it? That's the important part, at the end of the day.

yeah I thought that the pub scene was too long to be honest, but a great learning experience, the singer was more than happy I have been commissioned for two more videos which is always a good sign.

Thanks for comment

omg so sorry! it will/has been amended since viewing this message :)

Thanks! No problem, I enjoyed it and frankly I'll do anything for a couple of pints of Guinness with some fish and chips.

And I'm happy other people think the lighting was good! Personally I am convinced you have talent and was delighted to see your edit went well. I know you will go on to bigger and better projects and look forward to seeing or even working on more of your shoots.

Back