Things to make sure you have on set?

I recently have made a budget for a short I'm about to film in the oncoming month or so and I have all the items lined up in the budget from the script breakdowns but, my question is what am I forgetting? Now I know you can't look at the budget and know what I need and not but is there anything in particular to make sure to have just in case on set? Like gaffers tape I know and I have the equipment lined up but if you guys know anything in particular or share some stories of what things you make sure to have on set like tools or something not only will it help me but I'm sure we can all learn from this thanks guys! :)

Gaffers tape is good to have. So is a coffee maker. C-47's are
surprisingly important.

How about listing what you already know and have and we'll
fill in the blanks. I'd feel a little silly writing out a list and then
you tell me you know about that and have that.

Gaffers tape is good to have. So is a coffee maker. C-47's are
surprisingly important.

How about listing what you already know and have and we'll
fill in the blanks. I'd feel a little silly writing out a list and then
you tell me you know about that and have that.

Coffee MAKER! Bingo haha I totally forgot about that -_- thank you :) Well pretty much I can share the document for my budget but its just going to show what is needed for the film props and equipment wise. I'm just trying to make sure I don't forget stuff like a coffee maker haha. AND YES C47's are VERY important also! I already got two new things to put on :yes:

Here is the link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjfnqPAQILBmdEtrY0FCMlFRM2JVT2hhNVdzNG04LUE#gid=0

Extension cords (or 'stingers' if you want to sound like you're a big-time filmmaker.) Several of 'em, in fact. You can't have too many.

I also learned the hard way on my last short that it's a good idea to have a 2-prong/3-prong electrical outlet adapter in case your location is old and the outlets don't have a third hole.

Also, a clipboard, pens, and a sharpie. Those zip ties are good to have around, too.

Strippers.
Liquor.
Blow.
Several handguns.
Minors.

Hmm... what else... ?

Chimpanzees.
Narcotics.
Illegal aliens.
The arresting officer's spouse or significant other.
The spouse or SO's panties pulled over your head.

Hmm...

Something on fire. Cars are nice.
A dog fight in progress.
Shine still.
Lots of B&E tools in backpacks.
Stolen goods.

No! Wait!
How about a calandar so that we can notice the OP's last relevant post was over two weeks ago.
http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?p=261033#post261033

Haha thanks everyone your posts were helpful and even though my last post was two weeks ago does not mean I am not in need of opinions anymore. I am filming in July and asked way ahead of time to make sure I don't forget anything because we are filming at locations such as schools and boxing arenas and have limited hours so we cannot afford to forget anything ;) Thanks again and any other opinions are VERY HELPFUL :D

dark garbage bag to black out the windows.
I habe a bag of rubber bands.. used them for several times. Safety pins for the wardrobes.
first aid kit. scissors. CHARGER. Pens (a box). Ask actors to bring chapsticks.
Hair ties for the girls. Just in case..

oh, and extra scripts! I always end up loosing my copy. Thats why I copy about 10 of them. :)

dark garbage bag to black out the windows.
I habe a bag of rubber bands.. used them for several times. Safety pins for the wardrobes.
first aid kit. scissors. CHARGER. Pens (a box). Ask actors to bring chapsticks.
Hair ties for the girls. Just in case..

oh, and extra scripts! I always end up loosing my copy. Thats why I copy about 10 of them. :)

Thanks man garbage bags is a good one to remember :)

OH, I like the light socket > outlet adapters and an outlet tester (these and my 2-3 prong adapters are always in my gaffer's bag with me... not in the rest of the grip gear)... don't forget to reclaim them at the end of the shoot, although at a buck or so a piece, it's easy to replace.

I carry roughly 300+ft of electrical cord and cheap dimmers (router speed controllers from harbor freight tools) with me at all times, and a 5 way splitter ($5 from walmart, yellow rectangular block the size of my hand). I really like the spool stingers with 4 outlets and lighted switch (also from walmart -- $20, 25ft).

I also always have bottled water, flavor packets for them and poptarts -- I often have to cut my lunches short or altogether when on set as the DP as I'm constantly working (or on bigger shoots, I'll send a PA to grab something quickly and send them on break at the same time so they can grab something for themselves to eat as well).

Back