• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Unblemished - 48 Hour Film Entry

Hi guys, I noticed a few people posting some 48 hour films they'd made and I decided maybe I should finally post one that I made in November last year. Some parts of this film are my favourite out of all my films, others (such as a few story elements) are simply crap...

Let me know what you think cinematography/story/dialogue :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7MsttRKuYI

It was made for Zach King's 48 hr film comp

I generally liked it. I didn't scan time left even once. Cool in a psyche/sherlock holmes kind of way.

The worst part was the sound at :30. Weird echo there. That was all I was put off by.

I enjoyed it.

I generally liked it. I didn't scan time left even once

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the feedback, Just wondering exactly what you meant by scanning left? Do you mean you never watched any bits for a second time (and is that because it was easy to follow or because there was nothing special?) or that you never skipped forward over potential 'boring' bits?

Any other thoughts people? :)

Last edited:
I meant I never clicked on the bottom of the video bar to see how much time was left like I do for boring clips. That is a good thing :lol:

*Edit I just watched it on my mac. Did you intend everything to be so green tinted...even outside per the actor's faces?

Last edited:
That was pretty entertaining. Ending got me. Dug it. :cool:

Lighting was pretty sad. :no:

Where'd your uncle vanish off to? Totally missed him. He's the awesome guy in all of your other films.

*Edit I just watched it on my mac. Did you intend everything to be so green tinted...even outside per the actor's faces?

In a way I didn't really mean for it to be that green, but at the same time because
it was a game
I wanted it to seem that little bit unrealistic. I barely applied much colour correction actually, a lot of it was from the natural lighting on the day :)

Last edited:
Where'd your uncle vanish off to? Totally missed him. He's the awesome guy in all of your other films.

Haha he's not my uncle, he's one of my friends dads who does a little bit of local theatre work :)
We actually tried to get him for this film, but if I remember correctly he was sick, and as it was a 48 hour comp there is obviously no way that we could have filmed at a different date. I think we even had slight transport issues as his son was working on the film with me......

I'm glad you like him , he'll probably be in my next film, although the main actor from this won't be.

Just wondering Zensteve, as you have seen my other films posted here, how would you rate this one in comparison to the debt one and the chess one?

Once again thanks for your feedback :D

Back