• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Night People - Teaser Trailer

Looks cool. It would be nice if there were a little more info. on the plot. I'm not even entirely sure what genre this is, although I'd guess it's Sci-Fi?

Good work.

Well first and foremost, you gotta work on your execution. I understand you may not have a lot of resources or money and perhaps you're just starting out but you cannot under estimate the power of image when it comes to making a film, especially if you don't have a name for yourself.

I watched the whole thing because I'm a filmmaker and enjoy watching other people's work, especially when I don't know who they are. but most people online will not be generous and will immediately turn it off as soon as they see the poor lighting and bad credit sequence. People don't have a lot of time these days so if they're going to sit around and watch your film, you're going to have to establish a sense of trust so that you can guarantee that you won't be wasting anyone's time. Although you may have a brilliant story, no one will give it the time of day because they'll associate the poor quality with a bad story. It sucks and is definitely something I contend with every day but, such is the nature of things.

Secondly, I like the sense of mystery that you portrayed in the trailer but, perhaps it was too mysterious. What about the Night people?

I wish you the best of luck, man! Sorry if I was being too harsh.

Posters

nightpeople_girl_poster.jpg

night-people_teaser-poster-625x833.jpg

night5.jpg

Great posters! Love the design and they are the reason why I watched the trailer. I thought the trailer score was great (very retro sci-fi) but overall was a little turned off by the aesthetic of the color grade. A little too video-y for me. I'd watch it though if it were on TV based on the trailer. Good luck!

As firm1 said, I'm not quite sure what its about, but it looks okay. Also the dialog recording doesn't sound that great. You might consider getting a better mic on a boom to get you a better recording on the next one. Overall it looks interesting.

Great promotional material too.

Last edited:
Back