• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

The IndieCinema.org is now screening films!

The IndieCinema.org is now screening films! Be sure to swing by on a regular basis to see new films (which will be added as they are submitted). Are you a filmmaker? Send in you work and show the world what you've created!!!!!

www.indiecinema.org

Really cool- site looks great, and I love the comments layouts.
Will you be updating once a month or once a week?

Also, is there any way to list the running times of file sizes of the films though? Didn't know I was getting into a 128MB download with that short there.

EDIT: The download was worth it regardless- "Bright Lights" was a great flick. Reminded me of Lost in Translation. But still... 128MB- will you be putting up low-res versions?

Last edited:
Thank you for your comments and suggestions. I'll try to answer the questions...

Mini DV tape submissions are my preference because they are simple, high quality and easy to mail. I want to find the perfect compression recipe and stick with it in order that all offerings on the IndieCinema.org will be of a consistently good quality. I know it takes a little more effort to submit a film this way but maybe that will eliminate some of the "not so good ones".

I will be updating (adding) new films as they are submitted. I expect to add a minimum of one or two per week. My ultimate goal is to add one new film every day. At the moment, exposure and feed back are the reasons for submitting a film (especially exposure) but in the not so distant future, I hope to offer cash prizes that will make the effort of submitting even more worthwhile.

I could include the running time and file size in the description. Sure.

I will be playing around with different versions. I expect at least 2 or 3 versions will be available in the future (ie. one high, one low, one for iPod, etc...).

Thank you for the positive comments. I'm very happy with the site and am looking forward to what will become of it.

Mini-dv is great for those who shot on mini-dv, not so great for others. For me I would have to make a special trip to the lab, and I'm not doing that for one fest. Just letting you know... DVD and VHS and the standards.

VHS and DVD are fine if you can't make a MiniDV dub. I would like to request MiniDv but if I get a great indie film on VHS, sure I'll post it!

I see, it's not a festival. You are posting the screeners on your site.

It's more of a showcase than a festival. I am considering dropping the whole "festival" idea but it's a good way to advertise the site. I should start using the term "cinema" or "showcase" more instead. It is a festival in many ways though. The exposure, the comments, the (soon to come) prizes... I don't think the term festival is inappropriate.

I have uploaded a new file version of the film currently playing at www.indiecinema.org. The file size is now a more reasonable 44.5 MB, the film runs 12 minutes and 40 seconds. The quality is even better than the original MPG file!

Last edited:
Back