• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Just wrote my first script, would love some feedback on sci fi ballet short?

Here's the logline.

**Tormented ballerina-turned-thief and her bungling, criminal accomplice are hired by a secret theft agency to steal her former ballet company's prized Nutcracker costume on opening night.**

Genre: Thriller / Sci- Fi

aa
This is technically in between 2nd and 3 draft but I would really appreciate very honest feedback.

Last edited:
INT. BACK ROOOMS OF THE ROYAL COVEN THEATRE- DAY

BEGIN DOCUMENTARY

It’s 2017. Before us, a distinguished matriarch in all white, concern behind her weathered but otherwise happy smile. She stands in one of the BACKS ROOMS AT THE ROYAL COVEN THEATRE. A title introduces her as CAROLINE - head mistress of the esotrine ballet school.

We’re watching a faded documentary. A title fades in, introducing the woman as Caroline - head mistress of the Esotrine ballet school.

------------------------------------
-"INT. BACK ROOOMS" & "BACKS ROOMS" spelling
-From INT. to the end of the 2nd paragraph it seems like you can condense a lot of the stuff because you're mentioning many things twice.

I don't know if a 2nd draft should be completely perfect, but if the errors are right at the beginning it kinda lowers my interest to keep going.
I guess it's no problem if you're the director. But if you're not, you may want to streamline & make it as easy as possible to read for people who don't have a lot of time or patience.
But maybe I'm just too obsessive :)

Back