Vimeo Song Copyright

Has anyone encountered trouble uploading to Vimeo with popular music? Can you walk me through the process?

My situation:

I'm about to release a feature film for free on Vimeo Plus (Not Vimeo Pro On Demand).
I have secured all the licensing for the music in my film, but there are a couple of songs that I know will probably get flagged because when I search for unauthorized uploads on YouTube they have ads in their videos.

From the Vimeo FAQ it says they will email me with an option to plead my case, but it also says they can't approve all requests and there may be delays while they determine if my argument is valid.

First of all, what kind of proof will they ask for? And second, isn't this really going to mess up my release date? I don't want to tell everyone they can watch my movie and then it gets flagged and delayed, and I also can't do a silent release to test it out, because my Vimeo subscribers will see the upload (I thought doing a PW protected test upload would solve my problem, but those do not get scanned for copyright).

Back