• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Space Pilots Ep 4: Sexy Alien Bewbs (Sci-Fi Comedy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tnDboX3IUw

In This Episode, Navin has a close encounter with a sexy alien babe, and Artie judges his lifestyle.

Show Synopsis: The protagonist, a drifter named Navin Williams, finds himself with a bounty on his head and on the run from a wide range of Bounty Hunters. With the help of his dependable AI program, Artie, he must outwit, escape, or destroy them. How long can he last as an interstellar outlaw?

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/SpacePilotsComedy

TWITTER: https://www.twitter.com/SpacePilotsShow

https://www.twitter.com/mussonman1

SUBSCRIBE!! (https://www.youtube.com/mussonman)

Theme Music By: Mike McGuill (https://soundcloud.com/mikemcguill)

I call BINGO! on the genital bingo game these episodes generally are, but I lol'd twice, so that makes this officially the funniest episode to date :)

Lol, this was the first episode that could have anything categorized as "genital humor"

But either way, humor is humor. You wouldn't refer to a joke about Santa Claus as "Santa humor" it's just a joke. (Labeling jokes just seems really weird to me.) The great thing about comedy is that the topic/subject is merely a prop/setup for a joke, and not the point of the piece itself. Sexual jokes come up a lot (hehe, come up) because it's on the forefront of everyone's mind and in our pop culture so much.

Like this show, for example. Navin's strange obsession with alien women comes from the Captain Kirk-type characters and the fanboys who legitimately have this fantasy. In future episodes, they discuss his immaturity more (he'll mature and evolve as the show goes on, even though it's currently like a recurring sketch webseries.) This trope describes it perfectly: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BoldlyComing

In episode 9 karma will sort of punish him for his constant objectification of women and later episodes will explore the source of his behavior

Last edited:
She helps me come up with most of the sexual material because she's insanely dirty-minded. Plus, that whole "blue goo" scene was improvised

Lol, this was the first episode that could have anything categorized as "genital humor"

But either way, humor is humor. You wouldn't refer to a joke about Santa Claus as "Santa humor" it's just a joke. (Labeling jokes just seems really weird to me.) The great thing about comedy is that the topic/subject is merely a prop/setup for a joke, and not the point of the piece itself. Sexual jokes come up a lot (hehe, come up) because it's on the forefront of everyone's mind and in our pop culture so much.

I don't think I've mentioned "genital humour" once. Humour is, as you say, humour. I don't have a problem with jokes about sex, or jokes about genitals, or jokes about Santa, or jokes about Santa's genitals. What I do find objectionable in so much contemporary comedy is when there is nothing funny to say and so the script just names a genital or two, for the shock factor laugh (as it's a relatively new change in US TV comedy, I think?). I've rarely if ever known any real human (or alien) refer to their own genitals using such anatomically precise terms outside of a medical context... "you sure know your way around a vagina" (paraphrased) sounds twee and obnoxious to me. I don't find it offensive, I just find it lazy, and when it happens all the time (as here)... it's just boring.

But you managed a couple of decent gags in that last episode quite apart from the full genital bingo card, so that's progress :)

I realise I must sound like a broken record, but mainly I find it funny how predictable it all is. But I am still in awe of the achievement of getting this done to such a high standard visually and aurally. So we'll agree to disagree, and I'll just say good work :)

I appreciate that you're still giving each new episode a chance :)

And don't think that I'm dismissing or ignoring your comments. I'm taking them into consideration and they will likely help me as the show matures. I just wanted to refute the idea that it was intended to be a shock factor thing.

Last edited:
I appreciate that you're still giving each new episode a chance :)

And don't think that I'm dismissing or ignoring your comments. I'm taking them into consideration and they will likely help me as the show matures. I just wanted to refute the idea that it was intended to be a shock factor thing.

Shock factor is probably a bad choice of words, since all comedy is about shock and surprise to an extent - an incongruous occurrence or statement or whatever is the backbone of most comedy - but here IMO it's just taking an easy way out. But it's completely on trend with contemporary comedy, so it's probably the right approach, even if it means I don't watch much contemporary comedy... :)

I think it would only be fair to refer to it as an "easy way out" if it weren't the subject matter of the particular video or scene

Last edited:
I think it would only be fair to refer to it as an "easy way out" if it weren't the subject matter of the particular video or scene

Perhaps, but there are plenty of sex comedies that don't resort to it as they have other things to say. And not every episode of your series has been about sex.

Right, but every time it's discussed, it hasn't been a throwaway, pointless joke (for example, Family Guy)

It's been the topic at that particular scene or chain of dialogue (for example, South Park)

Right, but every time it's discussed, it hasn't been a throwaway, pointless joke (for example, Family Guy)

It's been the topic at that particular scene or chain of dialogue (for example, South Park)

There are always better ways to make a joke about sex than just naming genitals though. And I'm fairly sure that a few of the mentions were totally throwaway jokes (i.e. the lines were engineered into the script just so that the particular part of the anatomy could be named). Much like Family Guy does a lot (and that's one of the worst offenders at this particular easy way out, even though much of the rest of the time it's genuinely hilarious). I haven't seen South Park since about 2001, so I don't really know how it applies to that show.

There are always better ways to make a joke about sex than just naming genitals though.

I'm not sure if "naming genitals" is a euphemism or meant to be taken literally when you say it, because none of the episodes have done that.

You're definitely talented.

happy-oh-stop-it-you.png

I'm not sure if "naming genitals" is a euphemism or meant to be taken literally when you say it, because none of the episodes have done that.

:huh: I presume you're talking about a different show here.

Anyway, this circular debate is getting boring. You've adopted a style of comedy that I find particularly boring and lazy, but is very successful and popular at the moment among far more people than me. Apart from the 'comedy', you've put together a show that looks and sounds pretty good, and I am in awe of anybody who can get that done, so massive kudos to you. You're getting universal plaudits on here from everyone other than me, so you must be doing something right :)

Back