• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Andromeda (short filmed with GH3)

Hello Everybody,

this is my graduatefilm of previous year.

https://vimeo.com/78895027

Filmed with Panasonic gh3
lenses: lumix 12-35mm f2.8 and nokton 25mm f0,95.
Can you please tel me what you think?

Some of those shots and grading were very nice. The imagery is definitely a strength as overall cinematography is very good in the non-greenscreen parts. Sure, a few shots needed to be better lit and I'm guessing you ran out of lights and just went with what you had in a couple of places but I found myself enjoying a number of the visuals.

From a stylistic perspective, I was a bit unsure about the green screen and fight scenes. Was unconvinced about the artistic choice and there were some technical glitches.

The issue is the story started off by the heap of text at the beginning - I turned off after the first 30 seconds of text and the next 30 seconds passed me by completely. I just wasn't interested in the plot and after this, the slightly wooden acting and strange, uninteresting story didn't appeal.

But what do I know? I'm not exactly Spielberg.

The issue is the story started off by the heap of text at the beginning - I turned off after the first 30 seconds of text and the next 30 seconds passed me by completely.

Given that I often quit watching many films posted here in less than a minute, I thank you for steering me away from this.

--

conscius, you have to hook us from the get go -- each opening second count. And I don't care about your camera.

Good luck.

Yes, you are right about the introtext. But I think without it, people not really can follow the whole story. Ik think the big problem is: I tried to tell al long story in 15 minutes, that was a fault of me. I had to make the story more concentrated. Now yeah, i learned from it. My next short wil be more precise, more concentrated. (and without greenkey :) )
Thanks for the reactions.

lets see..

I thought it was pretty good to be honest, as in the concept, there were lots of mistakes, some editing issues with cuts also.

but the good stuff, to me this felt like a mix of Deathnote and some other anime style, which i love, the green screen was a bit crap but better than nothing, I loved the feel of it, i love the stone face acting.

The fight scenes were too weak, they had no impact, the gun shots were rubbish if im honest, the sound design needs major work.

but all said and done, I was hooked because of the deathnote, naruto vibe, i dont know if thats where you got it from but thats what i had.

the text in the beginning was annoying, replace it with the main guys voice like they do in the terminator.

Hey 8salacious9, thanks for the tips. I think I have to agree with you. I made this movie 6 months ago. So, when i see it back now, also I see thinks that aren't correct.

I'm verry happy you mentioned Death note. Altough, it wasn't my inspiration. But I'm happy becuase it is anime. And my meaning was to give it an animé feel. (my biggest ispiration was kenshin).

The green key: i had no experience with that. There was a guy who was going to help me, but at the end I did it myself. (because he could'nt do it on time for my school).
So i tried, and I know it is'n realistic, but somehow i thought, it fits a little bit. because it is surrealism.

Nice tip for the beginning. Honnestly, I thougt exactly the same. But, I hadn't the images for it, so i didn't do it.

Hey 8salacious9, thanks for the tips. I think I have to agree with you. I made this movie 6 months ago. So, when i see it back now, also I see thinks that aren't correct.

I'm verry happy you mentioned Death note. Altough, it wasn't my inspiration. But I'm happy becuase it is anime. And my meaning was to give it an animé feel. (my biggest ispiration was kenshin).

The green key: i had no experience with that. There was a guy who was going to help me, but at the end I did it myself. (because he could'nt do it on time for my school).
So i tried, and I know it is'n realistic, but somehow i thought, it fits a little bit. because it is surrealism.

Nice tip for the beginning. Honnestly, I thougt exactly the same. But, I hadn't the images for it, so i didn't do it.

please continue, im also doing an anime vibe production but mine is a series, its called Seishin Is Alive, but I have had alot of issues.

Out of interest, what was your budget? what did you shoot on etc etc..

I know what you mean about the green screen, it wasnt great but it also contributed to the anime feel of it, just needs to be polished more.. also remember that anime vibe is a niche, 90% of people wont get it, 10% will

what

Thank you.

My budget was 3500 euro.
1500 euro to actors
650 euro to music

The rest was for some lightning, catering, other stuff. The crew was free (classmates).
The camera was my own (gh3) inc, the lenses.
I bought some green key cloth, etc.

What issues doe you have with your production?

Thank you.

My budget was 3500 euro.
1500 euro to actors
650 euro to music

The rest was for some lightning, catering, other stuff. The crew was free (classmates).
The camera was my own (gh3) inc, the lenses.
I bought some green key cloth, etc.

What issues doe you have with your production?

Wow big money, the actors were good so it definitely pays.

My problem is my budget is £10 ;)

i see :P. Succes with that.
I made a few months agoo a very compact shortfilm (6 minutes) with no budget.
Crew + cast: 3 man.

Fun to do. And it worked. But money is real handy :D

Back