How can I get paid to film?

Hello, a few months ago I got a Flash-Based HD camcorder, and I am looking for ways to make money with it. Are there any websites that will pay for filming? I have heard of Howcast, that pays around $50 - $100 per video you make that they approve, but are there any other websites such as that? I don't care what kind of video you have to make. Thanks. :)

yeah, i guess you can freelance on websites creating stock video footage or something. i don't know much about that and doubt you'll have much luck with just a camcorder. but, good luck regardless.

If you dont want to make actual films, filming bands is a good option. I make $50 an hour when filming bands. Its just really boring, and you will need to learn how to edit.

I'm thinking of starting a small time amateur videography business that would shoot birthday parties, weddings, bands, small concerts/gigs, and other events. I looked at the competition for my area online and everywhere charges upwards of $150 an hour. I'm just looking to make some cash to funnel into new equipment, projects, and college. Are there any good books that can help me getting started, does anyone have any advice on this?

I just spent $300 (at between $10 and $40 a clip) on stock footage from Pond5. It's all user submitted footage I think. A really nice HD shot can sell for over $100.

Try doing a few promos here and there for free. I started doing Tae Kwon Do studio and drum school ones. After a few of those, I was able to charge $50 and hour for shooting and editing. When gigs are available, it's a good living.

Try doing a few promos here and there for free. I started doing Tae Kwon Do studio and drum school ones. After a few of those, I was able to charge $50 and hour for shooting and editing. When gigs are available, it's a good living.
That's a good idea. I'm doing a friends wedding on June 6th for free. Hopefully this will help spread some word. I figure I would do my first few videos for free while I'm getting some more experience.

Bands...sports events...weddings....anything to just kind of get you used to playing around with what the camera can do and using it in a live setting.

Bands are probably the best of those three.

Hi everyone,
sorry to renanimate this oooolllddd topic, but maybe it's necessary to make new one.

i was wondering if there are others websites buying OUR footages (even a big collection) in a "one time deal" (like videoblocks pretends. so far no reply since my "contributor" checking abilities, 3 weeks ago)?

i know about POnd5,... but i was thinking it's maybe simple and quicker to try directly to sell to the source.

any ideas ? :)

I know a guy who shoots bands, but people looking at his stuff keep expecting good sound, which you are not going to get on a camcorder. That seems to be his downfall a lot, so if you want to shoot bands, they want good sound from you too.

Back