• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Thoughts on Football Team Pregame Video

Just wanted to get any thoughts on this video I made. Comments can range from anything pertaining to editing mistakes, to what shots you like, or just overall thoughts. I appreciate it.

To provide some context, last year we went to the state finals, and this video was created following our third loss of the season.

https://vimeo.com/183243744
video password: jackmarshfilms

Overall, not too bad. Do you have a tripod? There was to me, a bit too much shakiness at times. Not trying to pick you apart, but here are a few things I noticed.

.02: Maybe a crossfade rather than quick drop to black and back up
.12: Weird Zoom out? cut
.33: Butterfly too tight and off end of screen. Like the way you cut the butterfly jumping to the music
Too much dropping to black and back for me.(long drop at 1.46)
A lot of too tight for the aspect, too much heads cut off
1.49: holding too long on the sweat.(ie, kill the early drops and bring in with the multi drops)
1.10: Weird color stuff (to me)

Some stuff like the guy at the begining starting to walk and drop helmet, and the guy tying his laces looks staged. For future might try to get them to be more natural so you can have footage to cut into rather than cut while they are waiting for you to say action.

Overall I thought it was pretty good and catchy for what it was. You wanted some feedback, hope this helps.

Overall, not too bad. Do you have a tripod? There was to me, a bit too much shakiness at times. Not trying to pick you apart, but here are a few things I noticed.

.02: Maybe a crossfade rather than quick drop to black and back up
.12: Weird Zoom out? cut
.33: Butterfly too tight and off end of screen. Like the way you cut the butterfly jumping to the music
Too much dropping to black and back for me.(long drop at 1.46)
A lot of too tight for the aspect, too much heads cut off
1.49: holding too long on the sweat.(ie, kill the early drops and bring in with the multi drops)
1.10: Weird color stuff (to me)

Some stuff like the guy at the begining starting to walk and drop helmet, and the guy tying his laces looks staged. For future might try to get them to be more natural so you can have footage to cut into rather than cut while they are waiting for you to say action.

Overall I thought it was pretty good and catchy for what it was. You wanted some feedback, hope this helps.

Thank you. Yes, that's just what I was looking to hear. Yeah I would have loved to spend more time to get them to act more "natural", but they were all trying to get outta there haha. Hard to get people to cooperate. I do think I left he sweat to long, and to much forced stylized black screens. Overall, for being done in 48 hours, I'd say I'm fairly pleased... Not my best work though.

Back