• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Thieves: Trailers, Stills, Interviews, Posters etc.

Thieves: NEW Teaser trailer!

Teaser trailers, articles, production stills and posters for Zenisphere Film's upcoming cyberpunk short, Thieves, written and directed by me. :D

IMDB in progress

NEW --> "Parasite" teaser. <--NEW

NEW--> Very positive review/interview with me at Grizzly Bomb! <--NEW

TRAILERS:

"Rectify or Liberate" thirty second teaser!

Mini-article at Planet Damage for Thieves!

OFFICIAL Full Length Teaser Trailer!!!

First teaser trailer!

Thieves announcement teaser trailer.

VIDEO INTERVIEWS:

NEW--> Thieves Featurette from Most People Are DJs! <--NEW

Cast Interview with the Leads of Thieves

Our video interview with Spoiler Free Movie Sleuth

READ:

Our article on Fanbolt.com

My Q&A with Bill at EGEM-Mag.com

POSTERS:

First Poster

Agent Janice Monroe Poster

Jason Arthur poster

Anna Vanderhoff poster

The Extractor poster

PRO-STILLS:

First production still

Production still of terrorist and fanatic, Jason Arthur

AUDIO:

Condensed Original Score by Jeff Goergen and I

Most People Are DJs interview My interview starts about halfway through the podcast.

REVIEWS:

Wow! Very flattering review from Fanbolt.com!

Another very positive review. This time from Wes Cain over at Wescoast!

And another mixed review from The Jaded Viewer

Very positive review from Spoiler Free Movie Sleuth

Not so positive review from Horror Movie Diary No, Thieves is not a horror film.

FILM FESTIVAL SUBMISSIONS:

Reel Michigan Film Festival
Jaxon Film Fest
Mitten Movie Project
Thriller! Chiller!
Brantford Film Festival

UPDATED: Fifth and final poster! Includes copy.
150147_385779511463129_641779486_n.jpg

Last edited:
JG, your media blitz is sweeeet!! You are marketing the daylights out of this bad boy and me likey! Dude, I was glued to all of the links - trailers, interviews, etc. - and now I am running late for work. But was worth it. I'll pick up later, but I just wanted to say I like the work - great job - and your marketing has me stoked to watch this short. Excellent job and thanks for sharing.

JG, your media blitz is sweeeet!! You are marketing the daylights out of this bad boy and me likey! Dude, I was glued to all of the links - trailers, interviews, etc. - and now I am running late for work. But was worth it. I'll pick up later, but I just wanted to say I like the work - great job - and your marketing has me stoked to watch this short. Excellent job and thanks for sharing.

Wow! Thank you so much, Kosh! :blush: Means a lot to me. Sorry I made you late for work. ;) I can't wait to see what you have to say once you've seen everything. I really wasn't expecting anyone to dive in that deep and be "glued," but I greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

It was more the story that interested me.

The teasers are intentionally vague as the short is somewhat of a mystery, however, if you watch everything, you most certainly should be able to piece together what's happening. I made Thieves for an audience like me, it's an almost purely selfish piece. I don't like to have all the answers fed to me, I appreciate stories that give me the tools to solve them myself. What have you pieced together so far and why does it interest you, Murdock, in particular?

Whoa?! This came out of nowhere! Apparently some mysterious interwebber tipped off a European website I never heard of called Planet Damage to my film. This is quite the pleasant surprise! :)

The very small article can be found here. Or now in the OP.

No, you're not experiencing deja vu. Originally this was posted in "Narrative" and I realized later that that was an inappropriate spot for it. I asked Knightly to relocate the thread. He agreed that it was placed incorrectly prior and would fix it.

Thanks, Knightly!

Thieves will be available for press review in the next few days. However, we are looking into a special private screening FOR PRESS ONLY hopefully within a month. So, if you operate a regular blog, website, or do video reviews, write essays, or any other considered form of publication, you are welcome to see an early screening of Thieves FREE in exchange for your honest review! Please reply here as a comment or email us: zenispherefilms@yahoo.com if you are interested!

If you are not from the Detroit area/or can't make it to the private screening and still wish to review Thieves, we still encourage you to contact us. Accommodations will be made.

I have been immensely busy with press screenings and promoting Thieves like it's my job.

Thieves has been accepted into the Mitten Movie Project which is a very big deal for amateur film makers from my area as a very large number of films are regularly rejected. This is a particularly exciting festival to be accepted to because it happens once every month with a best film of the month awarded every show. At the end of the year a special festival showcasing each "best" film is held with a film of the year awarded at the close.

So far, we've had very mixed reviews of Thieves (not exclusive to published reviews) but nothing that would be considered "bad" yet, thankfully. The worst we've heard is that it's "just ok." Here are the only two reviews that have rolled in so far...

This reviewer had more strongly positive things to say, but also said that it "drags and drags" and "there's absolutely no suspense or tension." http://www.horrormoviediary.net/2012/02/thieves.html

This reviewer, however, loved it, calling Thieves "thinking man's sci-fi" that "is a dense piece that may take a couple views": http://www.spoilerfreemoviesleuth.com/2012/02/short-film-thieves.html

We will be having many more reviews releasing by the time April rolls around with many more festival announcements down the pipe.

I've never sent out and answered more emails in such a short span in my life. Plus, we've just had a new casting call go out for our next short film which will be very far from cyberpunk. I have been drenched in digital communications and preparations for festivals.

As for the public Youtube release, we're still not certain when the best time for that will be. We need to solidify some festival entries first. In the meantime, I am toying with some unique ways of releasing it. Remember, if you are a writer/blogger and want to review Thieves before it is released, please let me know and I can hook you up with a private screening and a press kit.

Press screenings went incredibly well. More very positive reviews on their way from the journalists who attended. In the mean time, we've gotten a few new reviews that rolled in.

Wow! Very flattering review from Fanbolt.com!

Another very positive review. This time from Wes Cain over at Wescoast!

And another mixed review from The Jaded Viewer

We've also JUST released an abridged version of the soundtrack:

Condensed Original Score by Jeff Goergen and I

And so far, here is a roundup of all the festival submissions that have gone out...

Reel Michigan Film Festival
Jaxon Film Fest
Mitten Movie Project
Thriller! Chiller!
Brantford Film Festival

After several very positive reviews rolled our way, we rolled back an accolades trailer which features Sheldon Simmons as Jason Arthur.

"Parasite" teaser.

Look for Thieves ONLINE THIS SUMMER!

Also, check out the updated premier poster above!

UPDATE: Youtube release date and Original Score purchase information...

Thieves is headlining tomorrow night's Mitten Movie Project at the Main Art Theatre in Royal Oak, MI. This will be our premier and we're packing the seats.

The Youtube release date will be soon afterward.

Also, the score for Thieves will be released in August. No specific date or pricing has been confirmed yet, but it will include bonus content and a few pieces not featured in the short itself.

Back