A few more questions

Okay so as some of you may remember from my past posts I am making a mockumentary about the making of a no-budget movie. I have a scene where a character quotes a line from Fast and the Furious and a line from die hard. This is the part of the script.
JASON
What can I say, I couldn’t resist. After you guys left it’s all I could think about. In a way isn’t it every ones dream to be discovered like this? I mean he obviously sees something in me, right?

JAMES
He was ecstatic when I told him you changed your mind.

JASON
Yeah, I mean I never thought about it before, but I’ve been practicing.

JAMES
Oh yeah?

JASON
Yeah, I’ve been practicing scenes from movies I like.

JAMES
You want to give us a sample.

JASON
Oh, man... you’re really putting me on the spot here.

JAMES
You have to be ready for that man,

JASON
No, you’re right... okay, here goes... I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free. That’s The Fast and the Furious, I put my own spin on it. Check this out, ahem, Let's see you take *this* under advisement, jerkweed! That’s Die Hard.

JAMES
Very nice

JASON
Those are my favourites.

In the takes we used he actually fucks up the start of the fast and the furious quote and says 'you live your life a quarter mile at the time.' I don't know if that helps but is this infringing on copyright?

Also I have a scene where I am holding my cat looking into the sunset, after a few seconds the cat begins to struggle and I hold on to her until the end of the scene which is about 7 or 8 more seconds. Is this cruelty to animals? We let her go right after and never treated her bad on set, we just held on to her a little longer than she wanted to. Would PETA give me problems? Could the SPCA come and take away my cat? If I say 'no animals were harmed' does that help? What is considered harm?

Thanks a lot for the help guys, I am just looking for general advice, I can't really afford a lawyer.

Back