YouTube Partnership question

Hey all!

Once I start to get more serious about making videos, I'm going to market them better and hopefully be able to monetize off of YouTube (yeah I know they don't pay much, but still ;)).

On YouTube's guidelines for monetizing video, they say that your video can't have any sort of copyrighted material that you, the creator, do not have rights to use. That's totally reasonable. However, it is very unclear if I only wanted to monetize a specific video. If other videos in my channel have copyrighted material but the one I am monetizing does not, is that an issue?

If anyone has experience with the Partner Program or knows the answer, help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

There's a difference between a "Partner Account" and enabling your account for monetization. New partner accounts are rare these days, and every video needs to be copyright kosher as every new video automatically runs ads for you. Having your account enabled for monetization means you still have to apply for each video, so other videos on your account than use content that you cant make money off of, like their music swap, etc.

There's a difference between a "Partner Account" and enabling your account for monetization. New partner accounts are rare these days, and every video needs to be copyright kosher as every new video automatically runs ads for you. Having your account enabled for monetization means you still have to apply for each video, so other videos on your account than use content that you cant make money off of, like their music swap, etc.

Gotcha. So as long as I don't sign up to be a "Partner" I can monetize one video without worrying what's on the other videos.

Thanks!

Back