• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Where to post Screenplay for feedback?

I am about a month away from finishing a rough draft of a low budget screenplay (those of you who are familiar with the thread in Script to Screen about the ultra-low budget shooting format, this is the project).

I was hoping to get some feedback from this forum on the story (independent of how it is shot). What is the best way to do that? I see people simply cutting and pasting their screenplay into their post. Is there another method that is preferred?

Thanks for the help!

You could always post it on a website (even a free one, such as GeoCities). That way you could just pop the link to it in posts. (That works well, if you intend on doing multiple changes/updates)

Or ask interested parties to send an email to get a copy and get critiqued by only those serious enough to ask for it.

Or set up a messageboard (there are several free ones) where people can leave feedback about it (and anything else you do)

Or that new-fangled "blog" thing... which is kinda like messageboards, but different. (No idea what the differences really are)

Or post it here in a thread. (Not sure if there is a character-limit on posts on this forum... a lot do)

You would want to make sure your story has some kind of protection before exposing itself to the big bad web, though. It's extremely difficult to protect once it is set loose... and not all people are honourable. ;)

Back