• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

can you write a screenplay in 24 hours?

You should take a look at the contest details, Mr Billy :)

For the screen-writing part of the competition, the first round is given one week to submit their script. (The genre and subject announced at start). Judges then select finalists. (Who receive a token award)

Those that make it to the finals then get to "face off" over a 24-hour period meltdown for the grand prize.

It runs in sync with the Filmmaking portion of the competition... similar in many ways, but with two weeks to complete a 10-minute max film. Once again, the finalists face off for a 24-hour meltdown. (Huge advantage for the MYC crowd, but that's not stopping me ;) )

So it's worth a shot, if you enjoy competition... the 24-hours doesn't really apply 'til one makes it to the finals... at which point, yes, the IV-drips of liquid caffeine are required. :P

I'm in!

Hello, new here ~ but I'm very excited to get this short contest going. I think I work well under the gun, but that may be a result of my ADD. :shock:

Good luck to all who enter and I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that my genre topic isn't: "film noir dealing with the theme of being the bearded lady at the circus" Other than that, I'm open.

lawn

Back