Advice First Short Film

Hello my name is Morgan, I'm published author. I had an idea for a short film and figured why not bring it to life. I'm new to PA therefore I don't have any friends or know anyone I could collaborate with. So I did some research and found this forum. I've written the script and details. I'm working on the budget now. I don't have many funds so I may have to do crowd-funding for the project. It will be between 3-5mins long. I know that that doesn't mean the process will be short but the concept is fairly simple, set in a room, and the focus is on one person. I would do it myself, I have a pretty good camera, but there are fx's (chest bursting, and something exiting chest, mouth, ears and nose) that will need to be made or edited and I do not know how to do that. Any help or advice even will be greatly appreciated and welcomed. Thank you!! :)

unless you're going to get friends or fans or donate, i don't think you'll have a lot of success crowd-funding as a first time film maker.

You'll have much better odds getting people to work for free instead of getting strangers to give you money.

You could post your script here or be more specific about the fx and I'm sure you can get some quality feedback.

You have a great running time for a first short, it's nice n simple too so there is a lot going for you.

Ok thanks I just wasn't too sure about posting too many details but I've seen plenty post on here that do. I'm not really sure where to find people for free, would you happen to know how that works as well. Sorry.

Ok thanks I just wasn't too sure about posting too many details but I've seen plenty post on here that do. I'm not really sure where to find people for free, would you happen to know how that works as well. Sorry.

Well it's not easy getting people to work for free but it's not easy getting them to give you money either.

One route is to volunteer on other peoples projects and then try to call in a favor after.

For advice on how to do fx you could certainly get that here.

Back