My little intro. . .

Hi there, :hi:

I will start with my name."There are some who call me . . . Tim?"

Okay, enough of that. All can call me Tim.

First, I will state why I am here. I am here to network, learn as much as possible from those who are both critics and well-experienced, and suck the knowledge out of you. Ever since I can remember, I have had the largest imagination for some of the most grandeur adventures. This makes dreaming fun. Well, enough of dreaming; I am ready to take on the world of art and film. I have very little-to-none experience in actually completing a filming project. However, I have a strong background in music and writing. Although, I have never published anything, I could, Internet publishing houses make it so easy now. So, I am here to turn my imagination into profit, ultimately.

Current background:
I receive my first bachelor's degree in the fall. It's a B.S. in CIS with an emphasis in Network Security. Then, I am receiving my 2nd Bachelor's degree by the end of spring with a B.B.A. in Entrepreneurship with the hopes of succeeding into a full-fledged filming company. Then, onto my MBA in Corporate Enterprise, or Executive Management; I haven't decided yet.

As of now, I am starting a small animation production company in which I am attempting to learn Blender. Selling a project and/or a business to an investor is the easy part. I have met with several investors already, and they really want to fund my company. There is one small problem. The three business plans I had to write for college are so diverse; I have to start over with an Itemized list longer than the lyrics of a Meatloaf song. And, to top that, I have to present more than just an ROI. I have to present a series of short films and a portfolio. So far, I can squeeze about three million from each investor. But, I am not prepared, especially with graduation around the corner.

:pop: Intermission :pop:

I am here to learn as much as I can about the whole business portion of filming as well as getting my hands in the thick of it. I want to know it all. However, the largest part I want to know is lighting. I heard that above camera positioning, lighting is the most important aspect to any production.

My loves:
Brandy - Wife
Isabel - Daughter
Ryan - Son
Tim - Me (Wait, what? He loves himself?) Yea, I do love myself. Life starts with you, and your confidence is judged by how you measure yourself.

My interests are:
Sushi
Music - composing
Filming
Animation, 2D, 3D
Dota
Halo
Portal - FPS Strategy game
Chess
Research - This is pretty general, but, I love to research.
Computers - Anything related.
FreeCell - C'mon, admit it; once you play, you're hooked.

:clap: You made it to the end of this introduction!

Well, see ya! :seeya:

Last edited:
The three business plans I had to write for college are so diverse; I have to start over with an Itemized list longer than the lyrics of a Meatloaf song.
Ain't it the truth. A business plan for a production company can be crazy.

And, to top that, I have to present more than just an ROI. I have to present a series of short films and a portfolio.
Have you considered bringing on people who already have these things?
Rather than you, personally, starting from scratch, you could find people
who are talented and experienced with a body of short films and great,
creative portfolios.

Welcome, Tim. Good to have you here.

Hi there,
Thanks for the welcome.
Yes, that silly reference was from the infamous Monty Python.

@Directorik, and anyone else interested,

First and foremost, it is difficult to find both experienced help and those willing to work for free. I have performed in community plays that were generated by actors that performed 100% for free. But, the director was able to keep the all ticket proceeds minus the stage-fees.

While I will use future talent to help me with my productions, I could never ask anyone to work for me for free, especially if they are located outside of my residing state. Again, while I do respect those who give opinions, I do not want to be the money behind the film at the start. This is where I want to end up. While I am still young, I want to use my energy and physically be on location, directing and producing.

However, like my wife stated earlier this afternoon, I may need to just focus on the screenplay and directing, and while starting out, depending on outside film crews to move the productions along. However, if I did, I cannot afford to pay them until I get paid. And, here's the catch "22," I have to use my directing and writing power to sell a production for further financing to investors who need something more than substantial proof that I actually produce. I am not looking to produce one movie and move onto the next project. I am starting a studio. So, these 'other' filmmakers must be able to A) reside at my permanent location, and B) treat this as an everyday job with funky filming hours. I have always been afraid of not becoming what I wanted because someone was to steal my ideas. I will keep you in mind for future projects, as you would not give friendly advice without hoping a returning request. We are a human, that's how we are. I am here for the same reason you are; we are united by talent and imagination, but, have very little means to achieve it. Yet, we will not give up.

@Crazy Zensteve,
When I am ready to get my work critiqued, I will ask you to bring the Simon Cowell out and do it to it. Until then, I will keep you in mind as well. I checked out your Twitter page yesterday, and although the genre of films you were/are involved in is not my style, I think I have a few projects that may interest you in the future.

Whoever told you lighting is more important than sound can go light himself.

Everything is important to a film - so learn all of it.

Including

sound.

Back