is this too overexposed?

Some parts are overexposed, and some parts are under.

That's incredibly specific and helpful.

The entire opening sequence is overexposed. Then, at 1:05, there's far too little light and you're cranking your exposure through high ISO which results it lots of noise (especially on the face).

Any time you see white splotches where all detail is washed out, you have overexposure. If it's just a tiny spot in an otherwise properly-exposed image, it's simply a matter of flagging that spot off. If it's the bulk of,your frame, or at least the bulk of your subject, you need to correct it before you record. If there's not enough light, add light.

You are obviously shooting with nothing but available light, and that's just not enough. In daytime, your rooms are unevenly lit (depaite the fact that you should hve dropped the exposure just a bit as it is). At night, your household lighting isn't enough for the camera along with the fact that it is uneven with ugly shadow spots.

Light it. Get an affordable LED kit and start practicing with lighting. Ideally, you want to choose your shutter speed and aperture (and ISO) and light to that, rather than letting the existing light dictate your exposure settings.

It's promotion. He posted an exact duplicate post but did not mention overexposure. ;)

Rik you are pretty good at sniffing them out.

It's promotion. He posted an exact duplicate post but did not mention overexposure. ;)
That's too bad. I really love watching movies made by the filmmakers
who post here. But I prefer to be treated with respect. Promote your
movie! Don't try to trick me into clicking on it.

I genuinely wanted to know if the exposure was off, I had changed the colour grading for this film compared to my other films and thus it made the film look strange.
I appreciate Acoustic al for genuinely helping me out and giving me genuine feedback, what is unappreciated is the way in which I have been convicted of posting clickbait on this website, I like you am a filmmaker and want to improve, how am I supposed to improve my film if I'm not allowed to post it without being put down for "Clickbait"?that's rude and not logical of you to think so. And even if I did post it in another part of the forum without that, that does not mean to any extent that anything I posted is clickbait? and to add to that, if I'm not allowed to promote my film on this forum in order to get feedback then why am I here at all?
and so I am going to remake this short film from the ground up and improve off of what I have been given on forum and other individuals feedback not on this forum.
thank you for listening to my response.

That's fine but you posted it twice, so, you could have asked in your first one, but you posted it again, and asked, so you had 2 going, one asking us to check it out as if all was good, one asking if there was a problem. So one could assume, you were spreading it around with different ways of getting us to watch. ;)

if I'm not allowed to promote my film on this forum in order to get feedback then why am I here at all?
Take this or leave it, I don't really care. What tends to get the best and useful feedback are filmmakers who communicate well. When I first saw your post, I took it as spam.

I didn't “convict” you of anything; I asked a question in January. You didn't
return to answer. And your non-response for 10 weeks didn't lead me to
believe you were genuinely interested in any help.

It is logical to ask. We get a lot of filmmakers who ask for help and then
never return at all. It's not logical for me to take time to watch and offer
suggestions if the person never returns.

I'm sorry my question hurt your feelings.

its fine, I guess as you said, the initial post was over three months old, I apologise.
Apology accepted.

If you were around more you would see we're all quite helpful here.
I tend to ask questions; not to accuse or convict, but to learn. Some
people can seem harsh.

I understand that you're fifteen so almost any criticism seems harsh.
I spent some time offering advice on your "500 Miles" post and I left
some feedback on your short "The Gasman". You never responded to
either one. That's what makes a regular like me think you are looking
for hits on your YouTube channel more than discussion.

Relax, join in a little, offer your opinion on other people films. You will
not be coddled here, but you can learn and grow as a filmmaker.

Back