• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Watch Project 11 - collaborative thriller by 11 directors

Synopsis - Project 11 is about a cult underground MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) in which no one has ever gone beyond level 11. Gamers across the world are racing to cross it. What they don't realize is that they could be playing the last game of their lives.

About the Film -
The 11 mins odd film has been jointly directly by 11 directors, and is shot in 11 cities, viz - London, Mumbai, NY, Luxembourg, Tokyo, LA, Toronto, Balochistan, Dar es Salaam, Beijing & Tel Aviv.

Harnessing the power of internet to the hilt, we found directors, crewed-up, prepped, shot and readied the film in exactly 149 days. The film had a limited time online Premiere on 11.11.11 at 11:11 am. Subsequently it was pulled off to make it eligible for a run at the festivals.

The film premiered at Puchon Fantastic Film Festival, South Korea. It was also showcased in Budapest Shorts & Gandhara FF, Karachi.

The full film is available here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UtvJW-F1KAg

You can also check out the arduous process of making this ambitious film, a short video, which talks about how to make a gorgeous looking international short film with extreme low-budget / guerrilla tactics - https://vimeo.com/54701854

Check out www.project11thefilm.com, where in a lot of resources like Script drafts, Sample Storyboard & other useful info can be found.

Any feedback is more than welcome. Enjoy!

Mail - vikschandra@gmail.com
Twitter- @vikSchandra / @project11online

I very rarely make posts which are just criticisms, but what an extraordinary waste of this project. Why go to such lengths to get 11 cities involved in the production and then have almost all the action take place in plain rooms? Could've been shot anywhere (which the cynical part of me suspects it probably was) and hardly required going to the lengths of establishing crews across the world.

Very odd.

Hey NickClapper.. it seems you're pretty disappointed with the film!
Fair enough, I don't believe there is space for justification/explanation after a film's released. The relationship between the film and the lone audience member is intensely private, and no amount of external intervention can alter that. Still there are a couple of factual things I want to respond to -

Why go to such lengths..?

Becoz we wanted to. We never saw it as a hassle, the entire process and the planning of it. Of course there were chances of committing mistakes, which we did, but the enriching experience was well worth it. It's not THE definitive film on collaboration, for that watch Life in a Day.

Could've been shot anywhere (which the cynical part of me suspects it probably was)

You got us there! For the record - all the city portions have been shot in real locations as shown in the film, which means Luxembourg is shot in Luxembourg & New York is shot in New York, both interiors and exteriors. It definitely "could have been shot anywhere", and that's what our back up plan was circa August 2011, when we were madly searching for collaborators across the world. If we had to failed to secure any city, I would have definitely shot those portions in Mumbai, as I had to fulfil the commitment of premiering the film on 11/11/11. But thankfully, it never came to that. We found co-directors in every city that we wanted, and hence we stuck to Plan A trough n' through.

Back