Agencies or websites for freelancers?

I'm interested in getting into freelance videography/video production, are there any agencies or websites I can look to join??

I have plenty of experience but It's a bit hard just relying on word of mouth to get paying gigs...

Can anyone advise me please

I've used mandy.com quite a bit, most of the jobs are unpaid though and the good ones are few and far between. Just wanted to see if there are any recruitment agencies you can join(even if they charge) or agents you can hire like you would do if you were an actor.

Since videography is typically a local gig, I'm afraid online may not be the best way
to garner clients. Word of mouth is the best way to get business, but like you said,
it can take a while. On it's own.

Thing is, if you really want some word of mouth, you need to get out there in person.
Make up a bunch of business cards, dress nicely, and go to every single business
in your area, introduce yourself and give them a card or two. Ask if you can hang fliers,
too. But don't just walk in, hand them a card and walk out. Talk to them. People like
knowing people and they like helping out people they know. So get in their faces,
become part of the community and make sure that when someone says something to
them about needing a video made, that they think of you and recommend you.

Back