Attn Filmmakers & Pro Videograpers: Seeking Crazy/Weird/Funny Stories from the Field

Attn Filmmakers & Pro Videograpers: Seeking Crazy/Weird/Funny Stories from the Field

Hi All, posting again with improved compensation!

To All Filmmakers & Professional Videographers:

Cinema Perfecto Magazine, a new online journal for digital filmmakers and professional videographers, is looking for funny, strange and entertaining stories that you experienced “on set” or on a pro-video shoot for our “It’s a Wrap” section. 400-600 words. Did that wedding shoot go horrifically wrong? Did you get more than you bargained for shooting in that "gritty" location? We want to hear from you. Tell us your story! (Note: please keep it PG 13) We will be giving away something for every entry accepted and a link to your website/work/kickstarter campaign if it meets our criteria. For the first issue we pay $0.10 a word (after our edit) and are giving away some cool goodies and a factory refurbished iOmega Prestige 1TB USB External Desktop Hard Drive! Send inquiries to karen@cinemaperfecto.com Deadline : Oct. 7th

Thanks,

Karen

Cinema Perfecto

Managing Editor | Filmmaker

Last edited:
Reply to questions

I live in Ojai, but used to live by the ocean. Cinema Perfecto is based in Santa Barbara.

We would love to hear you stories. Don't be shy...

The magazine is set to come out by late summer or might end up being early fall, but we are really excited to get it out there.

The who is this answer: Edward Boettcher is the creator of Cinema Perfecto.

The magazine is set to come out by late summer or might end up being early fall, but we are really excited to get it out there.

Are you talking 2012? We're at the end of summer 2011 now, and you're not going to publish anytime soon if you're still figuring out your content. I mean no offense, I'm just trying to figure out what you mean.

I live in Ojai, but used to live by the ocean. Cinema Perfecto is based in Santa Barbara.
Ojai is nice, too. Your website says you live on a lemon ranch in Carpenteria.

That's what your Wordpress blog says, "A Revolution is Coming…Summer 2011"
which is why I asked. Summer 2011 ends in a little over a week. It will take
some time to write a good piece. I don't think I can get a good piece to you
in time for the end of summer.

What is your dead line for submission for the first issue of the on line journal?

I guess the California summer never really ends.

We want to publish the first issue as soon as possible. We were planning on releasing the first issue this summer without the "It's a Wrap" piece, but we are also waiting on a potential interview so we want to also include some stories from digital filmmakers out there.

Wow, I feel like I am getting interviewed. : )

If you have a story, please send it to karennedivi@cinemaperfecto.com soon because as you can read above, we want to put this first issue out soon.

Thanks!!

Wow, I feel like I am getting interviewed. : )
I take my writing - both fiction and non-fiction seriously. I like to
fully understand what I'm getting into before I submit anything
to a completely unknown contest.

Usually I read several issues and, if possible, contact a few writers
to find out how they were treated. I can't do that in this case, so
I ask the managing editor.

I know you will carefully go over what I write and submit and if
you have questions about the authenticity of the piece you will
follow up by asking questions. I'm not much different than you
are. Especially when I'm entering a contest. I really hate entering
contests with my writing and entering a contest offering "some
cool goodies" makes me cautious. I don't even know what I might
win.

I think I'll hold off. While I would love to be included in the first issue
I do not know what the competition is. I might just embarrass myself
by not having what you are looking for.

I look forward to your launch!

To All Filmmakers & Professional Videographers:

Cinema Perfecto Magazine, a new online journal for digital filmmakers and professional videographers, is looking for funny, strange and entertaining stories that you experienced “on set” or on a pro-video shoot for our “It’s a Wrap” section. 400-600 words. Did that wedding shoot go horrifically wrong? Did you get more than you bargained for shooting in that "gritty" location? We want to hear from you. Tell us your story! (Note: please keep it PG 13) We will be giving away something for every entry accepted and a link to your website/work/kickstarter campaign if it meets our criteria. For the first issue we pay $0.10 a word (after our edit) and are giving away some cool goodies and a factory refurbished iOmega Prestige 1TB USB External Desktop Hard Drive! Send inquiries to karen@cinemaperfecto.com Deadline : Oct. 7th

Thanks,

Karen

Cinema Perfecto

Managing Editor | Filmmaker

Congratulations to Alexandra Roxo!

Her story " Confessions of a Video Artist" will be featured in the "It's a Wrap" section of our first issue. She is the proud recipient of the iOmega 1TB Harddrive and $60 cash!

We look forward to offer future opportunities for filmmakers to participate in the magazine and site.

Stay tuned for more information on the Cinema Perfecto launch. :)

Back