• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Amateur short film. Spilt Milk

That was quite depressing, especially given the PSA ending. :huh:

It was nicely shot, but dunno if it's gonna help with the issue at hand.

Hey steve,
I appreciate your honest reply, so far it's had a very positive response. I actually received one of the most heartfelt messages from a young women who unfortunately lost two people in her life to suicide. I can only try my best and hope that this does reach people dealing with these problems.

matt

Hi, Matt! I enjoyed watching 'Spilt Milk', it was very moving, i kind of thought
that the man had fallen over in the milk and died, and when i saw the note the lady wrote
it was sad, good work!!!

I don't mate. My 13 year old cousin is just my biggest fan lol I apologize if it's caused any problems
Leppy - Thank you for the feedback :) Glad you liked it

Thank you again for everyone who has taken the time to view this. I just have one favor to ask and that is if you could please comment with any feedback that would be greatly appreciated. This is my first completed project and I am dying for some feedback lol

Thanks again

Matt

I like it! well done. it's shot well and also the content was good. I think it does better as a short rather than an advert for helping people with mental health issues.

I think the problem is if you take off the anti-suicide text at the end, the rest of the film doesn't really convey the message at all on it's own. It's just someone writing a suicide note - a very generic one at that. We don't know who the person is, we don't know why they've decided to commit suicide, we don't know who is affected by it, there's very little to relate to. It's very empty & generic.

so far it's had a very positive response. I actually received one of the most heartfelt messages from a young women who unfortunately lost two people in her life to suicide.

I can see that, in the sense that the generic nature of it allows someone who's experienced suicide in their life to fill it in with the details that are relevant to them. It reminds them of an emotionally moving experience in their life, so naturally they'll be moved by it - but it's their own experience that they're primarily responding to.

But I don't think that's your target audience - you want it to speak to people who might be considering suicide. To me it seems like for that audience you want someone to think about the impact their suicide has on the people around them, or the up and down nature of everyone's life, etc - something that would make them think "maybe there's a better option". If I'm someone considering suicide and I watch this right now I think - yep, there's someone else like me, and they hung themselves, that's one way I could do it, what should I write in my note? Your goal with this audience is to get them thinking about alternatives to suicide, not suicide itself.

I liked it. It was very touching. I was impressed by the shot of the chair. I felt like she was preparing to hang herself, but you communicated it without showing an actual rope. The music choice was also great. Keep up the good work.

Nice work! There were some nice shots and it was emotional.

But I think you could shorten it a bit, take out the part at the end, and get rid of the slow mo. Too choppy.

Back