• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

campaign Indietalkers HELP/SHARING thread. Do your part.

Just an idea I'm going to propose as an incentive and reminder to keep everybody interested.

Crowdfunding is fast becoming the leading and most widely accessible investment initiative for artists/creatives. From first-time film-makers to professionals, like-minded people are being inspired to share and contribute to eachothers work. That's what we want, isn't it?

It's the equivelant of busking to an audience of musicians and music lovers. It's playing to your audience, it's investment in YOU and your art, by people who purely want to see you succeed. Not reluctantly handing over a cheque to only speak again when they're repaid.

What I propose is -atleast for those interested- is to donate MONTHLY $10 (Feel free to do more). Be that ten $1 donations or all in one go. It's not alot. Put it aside. Even for those saving for projects, equipment, trips away etc. This gives you full access on Kickstarter, to recieve all the updates, converse with other contributors, and to follow the projects all the way to the end.

OR

For those who cannot spare the cash. Follow the FIVE campaigns. Read the updates, see how they interact with their contributors. Take notes of what they're doing right, and what they're doing wrong. Follow the journey and discover what it takes. Successful, or unsuccessful.

Everything is there for you.

Ever thought the idea you have would just flourish with the right investment, if it could just reach an audience people would love it...?

There's your platform. Learn how to walk, then start running.

An update on my kickstarter campaign: We've successfully reached our $5,000 goal in 30 days! Whoop Whoop. I'm excited. Thank you to all who helped in any way!!

An update on my kickstarter campaign: We've successfully reached our $5,000 goal in 30 days! Whoop Whoop. I'm excited. Thank you to all who helped in any way!!

Well done! That's a really good job :)

@PTP: You should probably take the Hog the Spotlight campaign off the OP because I got an email last week from Gilles saying that the project had been postponed and that they were refunding donations... yet another reason why you should use Kickstarter rather than IndieGoGo...

Brilliant!! Congrats :)

@Nick Shall do. I'm subscribed to their "updates" and I didn't recieve an email. :blush:

I'll be reserving the space for @NateNorth. Super excited to see this thing go live. It's going to fly out. 250-400% funded, if not more.

You can pull us off too, voting round is over. Thanks to everyone who tool time to vote the last several weeks! I'll update once they post results.

Thanks so much for the help in promoting this! If we complete, I'm giving papertwin a free year of unlimited downloads.

In fact, I'll give anyone that helps promote me through Facebook or twitter a download credit equal to all the contributions you brought in for us. So if your twitter account sends us enough people (or 1) to make up a grand, we'll give you the entire 1000 clip library for free. Or, you can use this as an Indietalk only 2 for 1 coupon. Just donate 500, and list us on your Facebook and twitter page, and we'll credit you 1000.

Hopefully it's ok to post that here.

Just pledged Nate, I want to see this go through! Great looking video on the main page. Tweeted about it too and will continue to. Good luck!

So are yall sharing these links on facebook, emails and other things like that? And are these just "campaigns" to recieve money for films? or are yall looking for exposure or something else? I'd just like to help and don't know exactly what I'm trying to share or where to share it.

ps I'm on my work computer and it won't let me open any of the links

Some are fundraising campaigns, some are other things. He had one of my projects on here this summer that was in a contest an needed daily votes.

Social media is a great way to share, or if you like the project and can spare $5 that's great too!

NEW CAMPAIGN.

"A Symbiotic Affair"

Created by Ernest Worthing and Dreadylocks.

(I thought you guys would benefit with the thread being a sticky)

Thanks, Dan! Glad to have your support!

One of the winners gets decided by the most number of "likes." Everyone's support and help is appreciated! If you can, click the "like" or heart symbol in the top right corner of the video.

Here's the link for everyone: www.vimeo.com/ernestworthing/asymbioticaffair

And the discussion thread on it: http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=35623

Back