movies What's the last film you watched? And rate it!

There's something about Tom Cruise's movies lately that seem a bit soulless. They're competent, entertaining, & they make money, but it seems he doesn't want to leave his comfort zone. He's kind of like a machine now steadily cranking out product as much as he can before age & the market stops him from doing so.
I can't help but think his Scientology connections just push him to keep making money for them.

The latest mission impossible was the best of the series. And Edge of Tomorrow was my favorite film of 2014

Wonder Woman 6.5

Charming and funny but let down by DC colour scheme and some really eye rolling slow motion and a final battle that bored me to tears. Best DC film by a long way that was marred by Znyderisms.

Beauty and the Beast
AVERAGE

Costumes, color and choreography were on point. No surprise there.
Yet I was bored. I kept fast forwarding to baston's parts. that dude Bard.. I should learn that dudes name right.. okay google lets give this a shot. bard hobbit actor

Luke Evans... luke evans.. Nope I'm going to forget it in five minutes

So yeah that dudes parts were definitely the best scenes of the movie for me.
He was a great villain, a lot more entertaining than the cartoon version of his character. bravo.

Beauty and the Beast
AVERAGE

Costumes, color and choreography were on point. No surprise there.
Yet I was bored. I kept fast forwarding to baston's parts. that dude Bard.. I should learn that dudes name right.. okay google lets give this a shot. bard hobbit actor

Luke Evans... luke evans.. Nope I'm going to forget it in five minutes

So yeah that dudes parts were definitely the best scenes of the movie for me.
He was a great villain, a lot more entertaining than the cartoon version of his character. bravo.

Totally agree. I just wanted to put the cartoon on instead. A big downer for me was that the faces on the characters were difficult to make out, so I couldn't empathise with them.

Notorious (1946) 8/10

The story had some good twists in it. The romance seemed over the top but I guess that adds to the drama. A lot of tension. Good acting performance and camera work for sure.

Notorious (1946) 8/10
The story had some good twists in it. The romance seemed over the top but I guess that adds to the drama. A lot of tension. Good acting performance and camera work for sure.
Is that the one where they introduce Cary Grant by only showing the back of his head while the scene plays out? I remembered they also did that in Pulp Fiction. I wonder if Notorious was the first movie that did that. Cool shot.

Is that the one where they introduce Cary Grant by only showing the back of his head while the scene plays out? I remembered they also did that in Pulp Fiction. I wonder if Notorious was the first movie that did that. Cool shot.

Yeah, I believe that is the one. Lot's of good back of the head shots. :)

There are a lot of good lines in the movie too.

Recently watched Matchstick Men (5/10). It's not as fun to me as it use to be. It's hard to say why exactly but I just didn't like the characters even at the end of the movie. Nic Cage is hilarious though.

Resident Evil : The Final Chapter

This is the worst editing I've ever seen. For me it was aggravating and unwatchable.
After a few minutes I skipped to the end so I could watch Mila jovovich fight Sir Jorah of mormont.

The editing was still annoying as hell. It wasn't enjoyable. The editor ruined this film, it never had a chance.

1/5

The Last movie I watched was Here Comes Mr. Jordan (1941), 7/10, a film I'd heard of since I was young. I finally got around to seeing it, after waiting for it to be available in Netflix saved DVD queue for the past few months. (Yes, the DVD renting is still worth it to me.) Finally seeing it, I thought it was very funny, well-written, and fast-paced. Never a dull moment. I'm always wanting to see as many movies of Hollywood's golden age as I possibly can. Anyone else here love the classics?

Last edited:
Back