• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Violence

Like, wow. I suppose it might help if I were familiar with the Jack Hill/ Russ Meyer style/era of filmmaking.

I think this might be tottering on the precipice of...greatness!

At the very least, it struck me as not your ordinary hum-drum DIY YouTube short.

Much of the time I couldn't catch what was being said. Despite that, I was experiencing a sense of elation, or, okay, maybe a sense of almost-elation as I watched. I do have the suspicion that if I could make out a significant amount of the dialogue I might, in truth, be disappointed. I don't know. But some of what I heard was awesome, either because it was clever or because it was so peculiar (in a very entertaining way).

If this is some sort of proof of concept thing, I hope somebody takes notice of it and helps you get some version of it made....more.

I can imagine a possible version of this film with a decent (enough) budget, a coherent (or coherentish) story (hopefully satisfying, as well, of course), better, cleaner audio, lots of wicked-smart dialogue, mixed, as well, with that off-kilter dialogue, maybe more blood and guts, like, maybe more severed limbs instead of just arterial spray (though I'm a big fan of arterial spay), and maybe just a touch of nudity. And that chic surrealness.

I think there's a lot of potential here.

It might not play in Peoria. But for the rest of us, it could be a hell of a fun film.

Back