WooHoo!! Victory Dance, uh-huh, uh-huh!!

...I am now Fiscally Sponsored!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Does that mean I have any money for this film? No. BUT now I can actually ask for it and be considered. I can also look for some in-kind gifts, like tape stock or maybe a production vehicle? and offer a credit in this film and a tax writeoff to who ever decides to sponsor me!!!

This also means, and this is why I haven't been on the boards since last week, I can apply for funds from the National Endowment for the Arts, which I did this morning, sending the application off FEDEX and postmarked.

The NEA application, which you can download in pdf or word, is a 30 page monstronsity of application and instructions. After being up and working on this for 24 hours straight (no exaggeration, 24 hours working on this thing) I finished the application which ended up being 18 pages long, not including the additional fiscal standing information. I am sooo wiped out!! :sleep:

When everything was ready, the application was about 30 pages long (send 3 copies) and 3 copies of my work samples. Now, I wait to see if they will accept my proposal. And even if they do, I won't find out until June of NEXT YEAR!!

...Geez....well, that's not the point. The point is if they give me anything, it will help, when ever I get it, if I get it. Hopefully, I will still be in production next summer.

There are good things about this sponsorship thing, now I can re-connect with my subjects, which will go a long way.

...the only thing I can bring myself to do tonight is to come here and say 'hi'. cuz all I have to do is sit here and (yawn) type. I intend to get a good nights sleep tonight, because now I need to prepare other proposals for other providers and go find some people crazy enough to sponsor me and give me some stuff, like tape stock or identifying jerseys or something... every little bit helps.

...I'll keep posting my progress, if anyone happens to be interested...

--spinner :cool:

Thanks, Zen!

...I am so relieved. I very much felt that everything was connected with this sponsorship, and it kinda was. Now I can make contacts and ask for sponsorship (locally) with something to offer as incentive. Lucky me, I get to make more lists of things that I need to do :rolleyes:

Congrats!

Can I borrow some money...
pontiac.gif

Poke

....Thanks, you guys! Now I have more work to do. I have to attack the Ford Foundation, the MacArthur Foundation, Michael Moore has a foundation, and a bunch of others, most not so big, but hey, a little will move me closer.

...Excellent! And now to take over the world!! MMUUAAHAHAHA! ...er, I mean, well, lets just see if I can pull off my first interviews by October....

...and Tex: awww shucks :blush:

Back