will i have Issues showing youtube logo??

ok so im writing a script and in a scene one of the characters is on youtube. Do i have to worry about legal issues if i say youtube or show the logo on the computer. I know if it was somthing like pepsi i would have to worry but since its a free website is their still the same issues?

You can say "YouTube", but you cannot show the logo.

They own the logo with a trademark, but anyone can say the name. You cannot prevent people from talking about anything even in a film or tv show.

Having real logos is so much more unimportant than you think. I really thought my film would suffer because I didn't have real LAPD patches on cops and such, but in the grand scheme of things nobody noticed.

Having real logos is so much more unimportant than you think. I really thought my film would suffer because I didn't have real LAPD patches on cops and such, but in the grand scheme of things nobody noticed.

Cop's uniform patches are such an incidental passing view, you mostly have no chance to notice, shy of a close up.

Did anyone besides me notice the cops that find the priest missing his knee caps in the opening scene of a Bones episode were PA State Troopers, when it's later said in the episode that they found the body somewhere in DC? No, but I'm obsessive about PSP.

Did anyone notice in "Unstoppable" the PA. State Police patches were very close to the real logo, but not exact?

Did anyone else know that most shows and movies get the PSP uniform wrong in the fact they pin the badge on the shirt of the troopers? So far "The Next Three Days, Bones, and Law & Order are the only shows/movies I've seen showing PSP Troopers with out the badge.

Most people see a uniform, gun belt, and the general look of a cop, and that's all. Hell, in the remake of "The Crazies" the Sheriff's office has patches in the shape of the state of Georgia (or one of those) while the film was supposed to take place in Indiana (Or someplace like that) If it looks like a cop, people tend not to question.

I didn't have real LAPD patches on cops and such

The rules for logos on government agencies is radically different than corporations. There tends not to be (if ever) the TRADEMARK ™ or ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ® on their logos because they are not trademarked. LAPD and NYPD are not trademarked logos, so you probably can legally use those in your movie.

Back