• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

m42 lens package for sale

Hello guys! I have a 50mm 1.4 super takumar and a 35mm 3.5 super takumar lens for sale as a package. $250 shipped. Both lens are in good shape with no scratches on the lens. They are quite lovely actually but I sold my 60d and have no use for them. Comes with lens covers front and back for one lens and front for another with m42 to ef mount and back lens cap that matches with ef mount.
two class 10 cards for sale too. 80 bucks for both.

utf-8BU3QuIFBhdWwtMjAxMTA1MDEtMDAwMDUuanBn.jpg

utf-8BU3QuIFBhdWwtMjAxMTA1MDEtMDAwMDcuanBn.jpg

utf-8BU3QuIFBhdWwtMjAxMTA1MDEtMDAwMDguanBn.jpg

utf-8BU3QuIFBhdWwtMjAxMTA1MDEtMDAwMDQuanBn.jpg

Last edited:
I am so tempted right now.

Do you have any examples of photos or video you've taken with them? (total newb photographer that is thinking about buying a 60d or T3i soon).

Ok so I'm a total frickin newb so bear with me.

I did the best to google what it looks like and what it's used for.

With these 2 lenses, would I be fine without the stock 18-55?

I plan on taking mostly portraits and family videos of vacations, etc. But they are going to smoke.

What do you think guys? Help me out! I'm a total lens-newb. I'm pretty good at audio, but new to the video side of things ;)

ROC,
those lenses would be an ok addition. Though I think the price is too high, but Im a pawn shop special guy so what do I know.

The kit 18-55 is quite great for family vid etc, with the Image Stabilization etc. The manual 50mm will be too SHAKY hand held video, but will be an awesome tripod or PHOTO lens. Great for head shot portraits. The 35mm is not that wide and kinda slow at 3.5 hold out for something in the 28mm range and f2.8.

yes, without IS it makes it a lot harder to negate camera shake. If you're walking without a steadycam you can forget about not having shake, you will. If you're standing still or using other means of image stabilization it'll be all good. I find that the 35mm f3.5 is ok in low light but could be faster. I was looking at the super takumar 35mm f2.0 but the prices on ebay are ridiculous for them. You will still want a lens that is wider than the 35mm, so this set will not replace the zoom at 18mm from the 18mm-55mm kit. Roc, if you're looking for lens for family vacations and stuff like that you will not be happy with these lenses. They require a lot of setup and preparation. ONLY FOR FILM MAKING!

All three with 50mm super takumar. Notice the creamy creamy bokeh and the "sharp/unsharp" of what people talk about in the birthday pic (that or i suck at manual focusing with f1.4).

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

Last edited:
Ok cool, thanks for the info.

Wow! Beautiful photos.

Can I use the 50 in hand-held photography? Or does it HAVE to be on a tripod?

"Though I think the price is too high"

I agree. The 50mm 1.4 is worth maybe $100 (I think I paid $85 for mine on ebay in excellent shape) and the 35mm is worth half that. As the supply has continued to dwindle over the past 6 months or so as they all get snapped up the prices may have gone up a bit, but not that much.

prices vary from ~65-130 for the 50mm and 35-100 for the 35mm. unfortunately i bought the lens at the higher end of the deals and would like to not lose too much money. I also had to buy two lens covers (front 49mm and back ef mount) and adapter. Price will be 200 shipped. I also have two class 10 transcend cards for sale too. 80 buck shipped for both.

Back