How To Pass A Voice Over Audition

No joke. A lot of actors don't know how to create characters with their voices.

For I, Creator 2: Goddess of the Hunt, we have 2 voice over characters: Andromeda an AI Stealth Spaceship and Ares: God of War.

99% of every actor for both roles failed big time. Most just used their own natual voice. Some guys for Ares can immitate a gangster, but not a wat god. There is a difference in the way a voice should sound for a war god over a gangster. The actors just could not connect.

Only 2 actors out of 200 knew the right voice. We have them both working with us now.

With Andromeda, only one actress out of 220 nailed a computer synthesized voice to win the role. All the other actresses thought their natural voices were what I was looking for--not so! The actress who won the audition also happens to LOVE science fiction. And, she pays attention to the characters.

I hope this post helps actors who want to audition for voice overs. Remember, you need to become the character in the script and NOT YOURSELF!

How would you feel if I posted on another forum about how you don't know how to make a movie, Myth? How would that make you feel?

Not that I would do something like that, but just take a viewpoint from their shoes and see how it would make you feel if someone did that to you.

Try to treat others as you would want them to treat, you. That's all.

Point taken, ROC. And, don't worry. Others have done that elsewhere.

Back