Logo ideas

I need a new logo for my website. I also need a new url.

The web-series is titled "Why Not Me? Tiny-Budget Filmmaking 101".

Part second part of the title is straight-forward. The "Why Not Me" is because in addition to giving instructions, I'll also be detailing my "chasing of the dream", if you will. There will be all sorts of behind the scenes stuff about everything I'm doing to try and make my next feature a success. And since I obviously don't know if my plan is going to pay off, it will almost be like a reality show, in a sense, as the audience will be there right with me, as I share my experiences, both practical and emotional.

The web-series will be embedded on my website, which will also feature movie reviews. The logo is primarily for the website. Any ideas?

What about the filmmaker-Che Guevara in my avatar? I'm worried people might find it alienating, because of his political affiliations. My intent isn't to associate with his political stuff, but to connect to the fact that he was a revolutionary.

Maybe the new logo should be similar, but instead of Che doing the director-finger-viewfinder pose, maybe it's a gorilla, doing the same. Cuz, you know, guerrilla filmmaking?

13254315_288929981449760_6488587711941970284_n_zps2jfdjqnf.jpg

Ooh! guerrillawithacamera.com and gorillawithacamera.com are both available! The true website will use the correct spelling, and the misspelling will redirect. It's kinda too perfect! Can't make the purchase until tomorrow though, so for now everything is still on the table.

lol, Hollywood (of the planet) of the apes.

Yeah, I think some people might have a problem with Che.
But: you can't please everyone AND take part in a revolution ;)

Yeah, I think some people might have a problem with Che.
But: you can't please everyone AND take part in a revolution ;)

Huh. That's a good point. Who is my target audience? Even if I choose not to openly speak about cultural revolution in this web-series, that doesn't mean I can't hint at it with the logo. And more importantly, who are the people I'm thinking are more likely to watch and subscribe? Maybe some people won't like the iconic Che imagery, but maybe those people aren't my target audience.

I'm definitely going with the new url, guerrillawithacamera. And I'm still open to the idea of a gorilla as the main logo. But, I mean, Che is a guerrilla. And lots of poor people respect him. Maybe I shouldn't worry about alienating people who this web-series isn't directed towards?

I'm not excited about the title much.

"Why Not Me?" makes sense, so I would keep that. But "Tiny-Budget Filmmaking 101" is an awkward mouth-full. Any reason you aren't using "micro" instead of "tiny?" And I really don't think 101 is necessary, since you'd likely move past the basics in due-time. Saying 101 unintentionally makes the focus of your web-series or multiple series seem too specific, even if it is actually rather specific.

Play on gorilla/guerrilla-revolutionary... for example a gorilla with a beret would represent a revolutionary the same, being more suggestive than literal. More playful. Something like that! Brainstorming here.

I'm not excited about the title much.

"Why Not Me?" makes sense, so I would keep that. But "Tiny-Budget Filmmaking 101" is an awkward mouth-full. Any reason you aren't using "micro" instead of "tiny?" And I really don't think 101 is necessary, since you'd likely move past the basics in due-time. Saying 101 unintentionally makes the focus of your web-series or multiple series seem too specific, even if it is actually rather specific.

The basics are going to take a lot longer than I think you think. Also, I want to emphasize that this web-series is being structured like a film school, lessons given in a specific sequence. There are a million free tutorials, but none of them are structured like a class, wherein you're supposed to watch one before the next. And there are a handful of online film schools, but none of them are free. So far as I know, mine will be a first. :)

Play on gorilla/guerrilla-revolutionary... for example a gorilla with a beret would represent a revolutionary the same, being more suggestive than literal. More playful. Something like that! Brainstorming here.

That's a pretty good idea. Thanks!

Like a gorilla-Che, camera in hand at side. Not offensive as it implies "guerrilla filmmaking".

Back