• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

I want to change job AND be a films writer, your ideas?

I can't work from morning for 8 hours and write code so. Thus, I am leaving programming, AS due to not having a degree, they pay me not enough IF hire me, too....

My English IS Not perfect, but my target is making films internationally.... I think I should read one Film in English over and over to improve.

Who is going to help me?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I keep applying to the lottery winner office but they haven't called me :)
nobody, did you find the 4 people who were going to write your script with you? Do they know English?

You cannot work for 8 hours? Man, i have spending all of my days almost 24 hours on the front computer fixing some stuff. There is no one would want to help you expect yourself. Like said, making a film is not easy and eating lot of budget. Well, good luck then

You cannot work for 8 hours? Man, i have spending all of my days almost 24 hours on the front computer fixing some stuff. There is no one would want to help you expect yourself. Like said, making a film is not easy and eating lot of budget. Well, good luck then

Maybe Film Is not solution, because noone FAMOUS exist to help me, unlike my previous thought...

Thanks!

how'd you get a job in programing without a degree? Me, I'd just stick with the programing and then do some kind of distance learning classes with a state university in the US (stick with a state university unless you're sure that the private one isn't some kind of rip-off). It's a matter of crossover skills. Most films have some CGI if not a lot. Try for a computer science degree with a film minor or simply take some film courses as electives.

Maybe Film Is not solution, because noone FAMOUS exist to help me, unlike my previous thought...

Thanks!

You are a dreamer waiting for a unicorn to save you.
No one famous is helping me either. Most people on IT are not being helped by someone famous.
And if someone gets help from a famous person, it is because they have shown finished work and proved they do not give up easily.

You haven't finished everything AND you've demonstrated you gave up writing after 8 pages.
So, if there is something that needs to change it is you.

And since you gave up so easily, because no one was paying you the question arises:
do you really want to be a writer, or do you just want to be rich believing that writing movies is the way to go?
Or are you struggling with money so much it takes you mind away from writing so easily?
In that case find a job that can sustain you while you write.

I need $ and I expect to see result before finishing... if not, my wisdom shows it is time waste. Also, yesterday. I got I couldn't be successful in 8 pages, because he got me wrong many times due to my English, so, I think this is wrong way, too. So for now, I have no reason to accept.Noone says very well only for good plot and cool scenes, they want all...

Thanks!

I need $ and I expect to see result before finishing...

Then you're gonna be stuck in a state of expectation forever.

Dude, you haven't done a damn thing to prove yourself as a capable screenwriter, yet you seem to think that some major Hollywood bigwig is suddenly going to show up and throw money at you based on disorganized thoughts. What the... ?

Look at your rather confusing obsession with Spielberg. In one post, you boldly proclaim that you are working on a screenplay idea that you seem to think he's going to read personally. In another post you lambast him for not making great films anymore. Now, the liklihood that he would be reading posts on this forum is pretty slim, but still you're making contradictory posts and that's the stuff that can bite you in the ass later.

If you want to write for American filmmakers, you need to learn fluent English. Period. If you spent half as much time focusing on that (using one of many online language learning systems) as you do posting about Speilberg or asking if anyone would "rate" your disorganized ramblings, you'd be there already.

Then, learn to write a screenlplay in proper format.

Once you've done those two things, you're gonna end up writing several scripts before you see even modest results from one.

Don't waste your money trying to move to the States. If you start to find success AFTER you've been writing completed, fluent screenplays, and it makes career sense, then do it. But that's a long way off. You're gonna need to maintain income from a separate job to keep you afloat whie you do all this. That's just the way it goes.

Nothing IS for short, so, I can't wait for long time....
I WAS A Zionist FRIEND with Hollywood, more than it, many things were BTS (behind the scene)..

Thanks!

Screenwriting is like farming: you cannot harvest before you sow the seeds.
Only after proving time and time again that your crops are the best you might find someone willing to buy your produce before it starts growing, because they want to be sure to get the best.

Your posts make you look impatient, unfocessed and lazy.
With those qualities you will never finish anything.
You need patience, focus and persistance to get a chance to achief your dreams.

I need $ and I expect to see result before finishing... if not, my wisdom shows it is time waste. Also, yesterday. I got I couldn't be successful in 8 pages, because he got me wrong many times due to my English, so, I think this is wrong way, too. So for now, I have no reason to accept.Noone says very well only for good plot and cool scenes, they want all...

Thanks!

This is the most insightful thing I've seen you post. Yes it's all true.
Film is not a short term solution. It takes a long time to hone your craft and produce something people will pay for.

And even then, it probably takes a really genius idea. And if you've got one of those I wouldn't advise you to post it on here.

Noone says very well only for good plot and cool scenes, they want all...
There are tons of people with great ideas. But it takes a lot of work to make those ideas happen. If you're not willing to learn how to write, maybe you're more like a producer, so you need to find a writer who likes your idea & will write it for you. The problem there is that you don't have money to pay them so your idea has to be so great that it gives them a mental orgasm so they'll want to write it for free.

Ideas don't mean anything until realised.
I've got 5 short films and 2 possible features living in my head together with 2 children books.
No one will give me money until they are written down and as genius as I hope they are :P

I'd love to take the time to write them all, but I have to make a living.
The good part is I like my job :)

Well....here it comes.... you don't speak English. You cant write English and you want to be the next Barton Fink in Hollywood. If you cant speak English or write, you cant be a Hollywood movie writer. Babak Anvari can do it..... because he show't the world a movie that was good and unique.

Back