announcement Good things coming in 2016

It would be more in our interest for you to read your FB here than to send you to FB, that would be in their best interest. ;)

We'll have some some great features, like, post a link to a FB video, or Vimeo, or YT and it will automatically embed.

Post an image link and it embeds.

Similar to FB posting.

You'll be able to post status updates from your page that appear in the new post results. Similar to a FB feed. That feed will be a catch-all for forum posts, gallery images, blogs, statuses, etc.

And if you don't want all that in your feed it's as simple as creating a custom one.

Really cool things on the horizon.

Oh heyyyyyy IT,

could this new and improved forum perhaps also include a larger inbox than 10.... I understand it's a premium upgrade incentive... but like.... 10? That's super small bro...

forums are mostly dying these days. There's very few that I visit anymore. Facebook seems to have taken over. It seems to be the way of the future, however annoying it is.

Unfortunate, but true. Technical forums still do pretty well. I prefer a place like Indietalk over Facebook, mainly because it is usually on point (with little infighting) and how searchable and global it is. I belong to several facebook film groups and they aren't even close to the quality of Indietalk.

I'm looking forward to the new features. :yes:

*Cough*

Also... in this new IT site... will I still have a constant NEON YELLOW bar on the homepage reminding me that my Premiere Membership has expired?

Not that I don't understand... but I've considered writing a CSS modifier to load when I come here so I don't have to keep looking at it...

----

I have nothing against Premiere... I just don't feel the premiere forums were near active or helpful enough to renew...

Does anyone really use this site all that much anymore?

I feel like it's nothing but drive-by promotions, basic questions that can be answered with a simple Google search, H44 asking his seemingly RANDOM questions and APE wrongly preaching that the only movies that are good are movies that make a lot of money and shaming anyone that ever tries to be creative.

This site aint what it used to be, at all

i'm still hard at work on my films. I just got back from shooting tonight 6pm-1am.
i realized i haven't exhibited anything in over a year.

That will change. I have two short term projects in motion.

I feel like it's nothing but drive-by promotions, basic questions that can be answered with a simple Google search, H44 asking his seemingly RANDOM questions and APE wrongly preaching that the only movies that are good are movies that make a lot of money and shaming anyone that ever tries to be creative.

Ehhh... I used to be really into this site before going to school... within my first film class I learned more than I would have ever on this site...

Since... I still like the site. I like seeing what people are doing? If lighting or colorist questions pop up I enjoy pitching in... I count how many hours until APE or Alcove post one of their copy-paste in audio threads... there are things to do still..

Hey let's not be negative nellies! :P

=)

i'm still hard at work on my films. I just got back from shooting tonight 6pm-1am.
i realized i haven't exhibited anything in over a year.

That will change. I have two short term projects in motion.

Awsome! Way to keep the dream alive. :)

What are you up too lately?

On Topic:
I don't need an IT on facebook.
As a standalone forum it is far more on topic and from a facebook point of view, not as messy and 'invasive'.

Often, there are quite a few members viewing the forums, but few posts. I'd love it if there was a place here for real-time chat among us filmmakers.

Often, there are quite a few members viewing the forums, but few posts. I'd love it if there was a place here for real-time chat among us filmmakers.

agreed. It can feel a little like shouting a dark cave. Unless I post boring stuff. Then, I 'll get my coat.

You just did. ;)

agreed. It can feel a little like shouting a dark cave. Unless I post boring stuff. Then, I 'll get my coat.

Yea... why don't we have a chat? There are so many chat plug-ins for forums...

There will (edit) may be a chat room. :)

Is there now a way to change username? I notice one user has changed username in the last day or so.

Back