Distributing your shots/films online

Most people with low budgets today distribute and rely on the web to get the picture out there. I would like some input on how you do it? Use youtube? Livestream? Use your own website?

Also I would like to get some input on a project I have been working on. A few friends and I have started our own website with the vision of having everything horror related in one place. We have movie lists, cast, production information and everything you can think of. That being said it is still a work in progress and is coming along nicely. However in the future we are hoping to do some shorts and possibly a web series and distributing it though our site.

Think that could work?
Any pros and cons you could think of?

If anyone else here hosts their shorts or videos on their site I would love to get a link and check it out :) Thanks in advance.

If you just want to get it out there, aren't looking to make any money off of it (not incredibly likely you will off a short anyway unless it's a 30-45 minute short) I'd go with both youtube.com and vimeo.com. Youtube you'll get a less classy, but potentially wider audience. And vimeo you'll get a more professional audience.

Then promote yourself shamelessly on facebook, twitter, forums, and anywhere else.

Back