I am moving to another country

Hey folks!

Long time no see.

I'm a 21 year old video guy based in Bulgaria.

I wanted to move to a different country for a very long time now.

I had several years of experience here in my home. I've directed and DP'ed many music videos and short films and commercials (as probably you all did) .

Now I have this opportunity that came along to move to Germany and more specificly Berlin.

I've never ever lived in a country so big and city so massive. I have no idea whether I should find just a regular average job or look to work in video production.

Now as I don't know any German going to a video production/media company sounds quite impossible for me.

Can you give me any advice on that? Do you think it is going to be possible to find a videography/filmmaking job for a company without knowing any German?

Can anyone share some words of wisdom and advice for me?

Thank you.

Have a good day.

** Not trying to promote myself or anything but I'm gonna post this reel so you guys can get an idea of the work I do and the level I am at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jwXpMLSELo&feature=youtu.be

It doesn't matter if you're a foreigner. As long as you can speak the language in order to communicate and you have your reel, you should be able to get a job in that field. Why go average when you have the potential to do much more?

Do you speak English or did you use a translator for your post?

The reason I ask is, if you do speak English, there are certain jobs you can get as well. This may be restricted to larger and international companies, but you may be able to work in video. :)

Start learning German :-p
Berlin is pretty international, so there will be other non-Germans who speak English.
I guess you should already start networking in there.

Haven't been there in many years, but remember Italian waiters who wouldn't speak German to Americans because they wanted to practice their English. There will be many Germans who can speak English. It would be better if you learn some German.

I love Bulgaria. Have been there twice in the past few years in the Bistrita area. Love the remoteness of the mountains there. Good luck in Germany.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back