really good unknown movies??

Wasn't Metropolis the first movie cyborg movie?

Nope!

Metropolous is a robot movie.

Cybernetics, coined by Norbert Wiener, is the relationship between Humans and machines.

A cyborg is a "cybernetic organism" that is a being that is part Human and part machine.

Bionics the the science where electronic and biology come together.

The Colossus Of New York is the story of a Nobel Prize winner who gets killed by a truck while trying to rescue his son's toy and the father's brain is preserved by his father who is a brilliant neuro surgent and the father's other son is gifted in inventing automation. So, he builds a new mechanical body for his brother and their father transplanets the brain into the new mechanical body, making him the text book definition of a cyborg, part Human and part machine.

Nope!

Metropolous is a robot movie.

Cybernetics, coined by Norbert Wiener, is the relationship between Humans and machines.

A cyborg is a "cybernetic organism" that is a being that is part Human and part machine.

Bionics the the science where electronic and biology come together.

The Colossus Of New York is the story of a Nobel Prize winner who gets killed by a truck while trying to rescue his son's toy and the father's brain is preserved by his father who is a brilliant neuro surgent and the father's other son is gifted in inventing automation. So, he builds a new mechanical body for his brother and their father transplanets the brain into the new mechanical body, making him the text book definition of a cyborg, part Human and part machine.

I've never seen the full as a whole but at one point doesn't one of the Docs remove the face plate to reveal a human who is part robot?

I've never seen the full as a whole but at one point doesn't one of the Docs remove the face plate to reveal a human who is part robot?

The robot is given the human form of a character who is inciting rebellion and religion in the workers. They use this robot to undermine her authority (among other things I didn't quite get).

If you watch this, be sure to watch the restored version (has almost all of the footage intact) with the original German musical score. All of the chopped-down versions hardly make any sense at all and the Americanized score just flat-out sucks.

"Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers....a total letdown, but the title was awesome sounding !"
Add Zombie Strippers to that list.

It's hard to say what qualifies as "unknown" but there's a spanish film called "Intacto" that I thought was brilliant and don't ever see mentioned anywhere.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-nz4pJDDsM

"Delicatessen: Watch the french w/ subtitles, not the english dub!"
The City of Lost Children was also great.. that might be a bit more recognized.

The robot is given the human form of a character who is inciting rebellion and religion in the workers. They use this robot to undermine her authority (among other things I didn't quite get).

If you watch this, be sure to watch the restored version (has almost all of the footage intact) with the original German musical score. All of the chopped-down versions hardly make any sense at all and the Americanized score just flat-out sucks.

I stand corrected.

oh come on!..lol great movie LOL! linnea qugily is outright awsome!LOL
This goes up there with Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama! or Redneck Zombies!

Oh wow, I actually own that movie. A friend left it at my place years ago, I've still never watched it but I love the name. :cool:

Oh wow, I actually own that movie. A friend left it at my place years ago, I've still never watched it but I love the name. :cool:

You ought, it's fantastic, in the same way that Cannibal Women In the Avocado Jungle of Death is! God, I miss USA's Up All Night.

Delicatessan I loved when I was in high school, but watching it again a year ago, it hasn't held up as well as City of Lost Children. Well, I guess it depends on your taste for slapstick. Still a must-see though! Jeunet is fantastic!

i'll check out Delicatessen tomo when im at home all day, whoopyay! another few:

werckmeister harmonies - a hungarian classic masterpeice, just a genius piece of film.
time of the wolf
the man from earth - really enjoyable intellegent minimal film

Back